• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Passenger Back Rest

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have one to sell you, but suggest you consider a hard top case for her to lean on. Serves the same purpose with the added benefit of lockable and waterproof storage. They're easy on and off if you don't want to have it on all the time, but not really too much more than the cost of lots of the back rests I've seen. Awful handy for shopping runs or travel, too. Yamaha makes a couple kinds, also Givi, Shad, and some others. Often can be found used.

If you just don't like the look, check out Garauld (forum member) who makes a variety of racks for the back end, many come with (or can accommodate) a removable back rest. Very strong and very useful.

I don't have one to sell you, but suggest you consider a hard top case for her to lean on. Serves the same purpose with the added benefit of lockable and waterproof storage. They're easy on and off if you don't want to have it on all the time, but not really too much more than the cost of lots of the back rests I've seen. Awful handy for shopping runs or travel, too. Yamaha makes a couple kinds, also Givi, Shad, and some others. Often can be found used.
If you just don't like the look, check out Garauld (forum member) who makes a variety of racks for the back end, many come with (or can accommodate) a removable back rest. Very strong and very useful.

Dingm ding, ding.

Yes, I bought a really nice backrest and then a co-worker sold me a Givi V46 top trunk with an LED brake light kit. My wife can rest back comfortably and we get storage.

Thank you for all the suggestions and advice.
A member here bought a nice backrest and later bought a top box and then sold me the backrest. Pictures and ride report posted in the other thread utilizing said backrest.

If and when I have the need for a top box I will then sell the backrest here.