• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
ISO Garmin unit, color & either a decent amount of onboard memory or unit accepts a data card, has battery & can also use my bike's power. (I already have the power connection in service) I'm looking for one that works well & I'm not looking to spend arms & legs. I am now running an old antiquated GPS V. It's black & white & continually gives me a "lost satellites" message. I just cleaned the contacts in the antenna & hoping that works... but for real, I'd rather have a different unit. This one has plucked my nerves more than once & is on the verge of a shitcanning.

So, any of you new Zumo owners. You got a decent used unit that you'd like to sell?

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
ISO Garmin unit, color & either a decent amount of onboard memory or unit accepts a data card, has battery & can also use my bike's power. (I already have the power connection in service) I'm looking for one that works well & I'm not looking to spend arms & legs. I am now running an old antiquated GPS V. It's black & white & continually gives me a "lost satellites" message. I just cleaned the contacts in the antenna & hoping that works... but for real, I'd rather have a different unit. This one has plucked my nerves more than once & is on the verge of a shitcanning.
So, any of you new Zumo owners. You got a decent used unit that you'd like to sell?

Heidi
Hmmmm, I've been thinking of upgrading to a 550. Interested in a 276C?

Yeah TWN, I'd be interested. Hey, can you tell me does this unit allow auto routing to be set for back roads? Just curious. My piece-o-shit doesn't allow this & would be nice to have... not a complete must... but would be a nice perk.

Please PM me when you've got the time.

I am by no means convinced that changing from a 276c to a Zmo is an upgrade - I've used both and the display on the 276 and battery life blow the Zumo away. Yes, the Zumo can 'do XM (for a few hundred extra $$$) and MP3s, but I have an iPod for my music and if I wantXM I'l move the radio I have in the car to my tank bag - only one subscription that way. Yes, Zumo has all of the US on board - I can get that with a 378 or 478, but I've never needed more than the 256 I have now and 512 is available.

Having said that, you can set up your preferences to avoid highways and toll roads - doesn't mean much mind you - it will work the same no mater which current Garmin unit you buy.

Thanks Frank... thank you very much.

Let me pull out the manual tonight and see what's what. I rarely use it for routing as I never really care where the heck I am or where I'm going to! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grassy ass Spyda, looking for a Garmin unit. I already have the hardwire for power hooked up... & besides I like the Garmin units. All of my friends have them, too. Makes for easy route swapping. Also, looking for a cheaper solution then $500 smackers. Thanks though.

Heidi

Thanks Larry,

The iQue doesn't look bike compatible. Not even waterproof. I want to thank everyone for the suggestions. I've accepted an offer proposed by Mr. Nut for his Garmin 276C. So, I see us exchanging money for goods soon.

Heidi