Washington State Boundary Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilin' Kyle

Reaction score
Well, as requested, here's my report on my Washington State Boundary Ride. In the end, 1,677.9 total miles at 51.5 mpg. This wasn't an Iron Butt; rather, it was to put together ideas and curriculum for my Washington State History Classes. My 2008 FJR, Belleza Negra, performed magnificantly.

Go to this page and it'll tell you what to do: https://www.skitsap.wednet.edu/146820661356...ite/default.asp

BTW, a great, "Thank you!" to jzzmusician Bob in Walla Walla. On my stop there he took me to a fabulous get-together of friends. He promised a great time and boy, did he deliver! If you're ever in Walla Walla I say you MUST stop by the Backstage Bistro and support this great FJR owner! :clapping: :fans:

Well, as requested, here's my report on my Washington State Boundary Ride. In the end, 1,677.9 total miles at 51.5 mpg. This wasn't an Iron Butt; rather, it was to put together ideas and curriculum for my Washington State History Classes. My 2008 FJR, Belleza Negra, performed magnificantly.
Go to this page and it'll tell you what to do: https://www.skitsap.wednet.edu/146820661356...ite/default.asp

BTW, a great, "Thank you!" to jzzmusician Bob in Walla Walla. On my stop there he took me to a fabulous get-together of friends. He promised a great time and boy, did he deliver! If you're ever in Walla Walla I say you MUST stop by the Backstage Bistro and support this great FJR owner! :clapping: :fans:
Kyle,

Very nice pictures. My wife is from Pullman,so we go there every year once or twice. It is like four states in one,very diverse.

Thanks for the report! It was nice to be out of my world for a moment!

I took a road trip with the kids, through Seattle and out to Spokane, before crossing into Idaho and Montana and coming home! I also came home from Seattle once, by going over to Olympia and taking the coast all the way to SoCal!

I agree, it's a beautiful part of the country!

Growing up in Oregon, we used to joke about having webbed feet! Gotta love the modern apparel for being outside!

Great ride report...couple of things come to mind. I will be visiting the Whitman Ranch sometime after 9/11 for my 3rd National Park Tour, hence I will be in Walla Walla and if possible will stop in the Bistro. Will certainly be marked in MapSource and uploaded to the unit.

Second thought is how the heck did you average 51.5. I think the best I have done in somewhere around 43. You have special gas in WA

Willie

Well done.. except...

Ok, it's too short! Really enjoyed it tho. I love reading rr's (ride reports) I always learn new stuff.

My only time spent in Washington was 5 rained soaked boring days in Everett waiting for a plane back to Hawaii, we got back from our trip to Texas too soon... :(

Thanks for your hard work writing and posting...

Oh...gorgeous collie!

mary

Thanks for the report Kyle. Enjoyed the read and good luck putting together the class for your kids. They should be impressed!

--G

Nice report! Man I sure didn't have any teachers cool enuf to tell us about their Summer motorcycle trips when I was that age! If I had, they'd have found it difficult to get me back "on topic" in class after the detour! ...we did have one instructor that we could waylay into hunting stories for at least part of the hour in occasion though.

I grew up in Washington and went to college at WSU, you missed some great scenery along the Snake River and Blue mountains when you turned around in Walla Walla. <_<

still love the way you shared the experience with us and your students.

Last edited by a moderator:

Great Story Mate...

If more kids had Teachers with inspiring stories like this - we would all be better off... Two Thumbs Up!!

I've been fortunate enough to get some Business Travel time into NW WA. I was frankly blown away by how the climate changes into a "technical" desert just a couple hours inbound where I spent my time in Yakima... Amazing!!

Up the mountains = Deciduous - Goodbye...

Down the mountains = Moisture - Goodbye...

One could be convinced they were in the Badlands at times on the Freeway out there!! All this 90 minutes from the Coast?!? Yep!!

So get on your Steed, and GO DO IT!!! Right?!?!

Scott