Water pump leaking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Gen III complete pump will fit any year FJR. I purchased a low milage used 2018 water pump and used my 2008 front cover so it matches. I ordered a new O ring and outer front cover gasket/ O ring
Easy to remove, twist and pull. I was surprised to learn Gen I and II Yamaha sold parts to rebuild the pump, then started to sell complete pump Gen III.

A Gen III complete pump will fit any year FJR. I purchased a low milage used 2018 water pump and used my 2008 front cover so it matches. I ordered a new O ring and outer front cover gasket/ O ring
Easy to remove, twist and pull. I was surprised to learn Gen I and II Yamaha sold parts to rebuild the pump, then started to sell complete pump Gen III.
At the price of the complete Gen III+ complete water pump ($142.59 at Partzilla) I wouldn't want to get very far into replacing parts to repair an old one!

Or you can go the Ebay route like I did last year. Got a low mileage GEN3 pump for $45. Low risk if it didn't work out (my original pump was starting to dribble a from the weep hole). Here's a pic... slight color difference and it fit perfect!
Mr. BR
FJR G3 pump.jpg