waterproof summer gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think "Waterproof /Summer Glove" is an oxymoron. Most "summer" gloves are vented or have mesh panels, making the waterproof thing a bit dodgy.

I wear golf gloves in the summer, but I tend to be odd.

I think a pair of summer gloves with a pair of laytex surgical gloves as a liner would work, but if you want a totaly waterproof glove I would not call it a "summer glove".

I have a pair of Olympic textile gloves that are waterproof, but a bit hot to wear if it ain't raining.

KM

I wear golf gloves in the summer too..... but only when playing golf. :)

It is not an oxymoron.... a waterproof summer glove will obviously not have vents or mesh, but will much thinner than a traditional waterproof glove.

Five years ago when I first started riding I found a gore-tex glove in the summer section by alpine stars. I can't find that now, but it seems like the Storm Rider glove is pretty close. I need to replace mine now, so will look into these soon.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-glo...rs-storm-rider/

I bought the Held Akira II Gore Tex, but it was a half size too small for me and I've sold it on. It is also fairly thin, bigger over the wrist though.

https://www.fc-moto.de/Held-Akira-II-GORE-TEX/en

This is what you do.

You go buy some jet-ski gloves. They grip good when wet. You take two pairs with you on a trip, good weather gloves, and the jet-ski gloves. This is the ticket!!

But buy some good brand and not some cheap Ass ones!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of Alpinstar light wieight gloves thate have a waterproof membrane. I don't see a name on the gloves, but they better than wet hands. I usually just wear my vented gloves with a rainsuit and let the gloves dry out as they may.

I have tried my fair share of gloves. The absolute best pair was a pair of Technic's that I bought used about 6 years ago and I finally wore them out.

Over that time in anticipation I've tried a few, even stuck them in buckets of water, while some passed that test, they still got wet in a good rain.

Then I rode a SS around lake MI, and a guy I was riding with had a pair of these when the rain kicked up.

442_2c.jpg

Clicky: https://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-triple-...ain-covers.html

I thought they looked stupid as hell, and I made lots of fun of Tony.

Then my dad got a pair and I made fun of him too.

then we rode in one hell of a frog strangler one day. I had my fancy schmancy Joe Rocket rain gloves that didn't last 10 minutes. We rode in the rain for 2 hours. He was dry, I was not.

So he got me a set for xmas.

Get a one size bigger than you'd think (I wear L gloves but XL in these rain covers).

They go over your good gloves so you don't give up any protection.

I use: Tour Master Dri-Mesh Waterproof Summer Mesh Gloves, MSRP: $36.99 ...

I have found them to be extremely comfortable, albeit a little warm in temps over 80.

They have proven to be waterproof while riding all day in the rain.

Anyone try these yet?
Glove covers

For the price, if they work well I'd buy a bunch of them.
Can't you get those at any hardware store/grocery store in the cleaning isle? :)

Yeah, that was my thought. Get some XXXL's and stick them in the tank bag.

FWIW, I've been using XL surgical gloves over some kevlar anti-cut gloves, but they are really not large enough to stretch over armored gloves. I was hoping maybe these things were.

Maybe time to go shopping (with my gloves in hand)

Last edited by a moderator: