Wax on Wax off

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used Meguire's Tech Wax for several years, but last week, I couldn't find it at WallyMart. Bought Meguire's Ultimate (paste), and have done both cars now. Not too bad on/off, and the shine looks nice.

That said, for years, I used BluePoly, from Blue Coral. NOTHING went on easier, and came off easier, and it lasted all the way through Minnesota winters, with road salt and such. They quit making it, and the follow-on products weren't nearly as good. WTF?

The wife.

Actually that's a joke, and she'd kill me if she read this.

Just a good car wash.

Lesse...Honda Spray Cleaner and Meguiars Quick Detail for the fast stuff. Yamaha makes a variant of the Honda stuff that is on my shelf right now. No difference that I can see.
+1

If there is a difference in the Honda Spray Detailer and the Yamaha it is that the Yamaha might smell a little better. I almost never wax either bike with anything else anymore. I carry a spray can of the Yamaha stuff on our trips and use it each morning to get the bugs off. It is wonderful stuff.

For the bugs, I raise the windscreen and place a towel that is saturated with warm water over the front of the bike for a few minutes before I wash it. They just fall off basically without scrubbing.

Zymol for the wax. Its the best I've ever found.

Plexus for quick clean especially the windshield and S-100 spray wash which gets into the hard to reach areas and especially good for the wheels/brake dust. Bike cleaning is a proven way to maintain and protect your ride. Ride safe, Painman.

Turtlewax ICE. No need to keep away from black plastics and dash, no powdery white residue and actually works like Armorall when applied on those plastics.

ICE%20Liquid%20Wax%20Box%204-2012.jpg

If it's really dirty, wash it. Then McGuiar's detailer to remove any water spots, then quik wax to polish her up.

Turtlewax ICE. No need to keep away from black plastics and dash, no powdery white residue and actually works like Armorall when applied on those plastics.

ICE%20Liquid%20Wax%20Box%204-2012.jpg
Been using Turtle wax ice on my cars & the FJR too with excellent results. I'm no longer buying the Honda spray polish.
++ Excellent Shine, plus Longest lasting, for quickie ICE Detailer.

Thats about the truth of it..Mine gets actually washed once a year wether it needs it or not.
Same here. I had the dirtiest bike at NAFO this year. when I got home I finally did get out the hose and a spray bottle of S1000 that someone gave me and gave the bike a good cleaning. Ought to be good for at least another year. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing on my bike that I "wax" is the tank and have found that Eagle One Nano Wax Spray works best for me. Eagle One Never Dull works great on the pipes and wheels. Everything else (plastic), Plexus does a good job. When the bike is really dirty, S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is a good way to go, especially for the nooks and crannies. :)