WCR 2011 - The Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry all! It's been a crazy summer and I've been tied up with other things.

YES it is still on! We've surpassed our minimum registration requirement of 2! :p

I'll be getting an update to the website up this week. And those that can still make it won't be disappointed in the rides.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

whew! was hoping it was. kewl!

So sorry all! It's been a crazy summer and I've been tied up with other things.

YES it is still on! We've surpassed our minimum registration requirement of 2! :p

I'll be getting an update to the website up this week. And those that can still make it won't be disappointed in the rides.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

whew! was hoping it was. kewl!

I'll second that, :yahoo: we were starting to make other plans.

Holy Crap!!!! This thing is less than a month away!
ohmy.gif

Updating Web Site right now! I'll keep you posted (pardon the Pun
rolleyes.gif
)!

Looks like our plans have changed... will be attending this instead of riding down to NoCal.

See y'all there.

Griff

yay!

We'll be using the voucher from Parkesville that we got at WCR-1, and then running back to Radium from there. When are you planning on coming across? Maybe we could fly formation.

Griff

Some website updates made.

Get your room booked in Radium right away, while they last! Details on the website. I have to get home to get some info before I can post info on the Blue River accommodation.

I just talked to my son and he just informed me that we have tickets to go see John Prine at the Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery. I could go without seeing old John but anytime with my son is pricless to me. Even tho I was just in the area the first of July I was looking forward to riding from Radium via the Parkway to Blue River.

Have fun kids!

We'll be using the voucher from Parkesville that we got at WCR-1, and then running back to Radium from there. When are you planning on coming across? Maybe we could fly formation.

Griff

that sounds like a plan.....might have to round up a stray along the way tho

is it still a go?

I hope so; I just registered.
I'm very sorry to say that I will not be there, after all.

I'm the youngest of 5, and we haven't all been together in years. I haven't seen one brother in 25 years.

Anyway, we are going to meet on the Gulf Coast, and the weekend we could all be there is, of course, the same weekend. :angry:

I was looking forward to seeing you guys and riding the Icefields Parkway again. Have a great gathering, and take a lot of pictures.

John

Griff

We reckon somewhere along the way on Thursday, but not sure where exactly. Open to suggestions on the route.

Griff

Griff

We reckon somewhere along the way on Thursday, but not sure where exactly. Open to suggestions on the route.

Griff
Well, I was going to head out a bit early and poke around for a bit. Maybe hit Vernon, then down thru Nakusp to the Balfour ferry then Creston and over. You still have my cell #? You guys can call and track me down LOL

Some website updates made.

Get your room booked in Radium right away, while they last! Details on the website. I have to get home to get some info before I can post info on the Blue River accommodation.
Allright toots, Radium is booked, where's dinner? LOL

I get back from Europe on Sept 10th so I have to give this one a pass. See you all in Castlegar next year for NAFO.

My wife and I just got back from the Horizon's Unlimited 2011 meeting in Nakusp.

We trailered my FJR and her 600 Bandit mostly so that we could bring along BEN, the wonder dog.

As usual, Ben stole the show and was the winner of "Most Popular Motorcycle Rally attendee".

Sharon is scheduled for a ride on Labor Day weekend with the Vancouver Island Safety Council group. They are riding from Victoria, up Sea to Sky to Whistler, then to Harrison Hot Springs.

If I get my boat moorage sorted out in time, I might join her.

If our butts haven't fallen off from all the riding, we might make it to the 2011 WCR,

HOWEVER,

after several days of watching the Horizon's Unlimited Round The World presentations,

I drank the Kool AID,

and I've decided to trade in my FJR for a WEESTROM 650.

[ so we can ride more of the beautiful gravel and dirt back roads here on Fantasy Island ].

Can we still come to the WCR on a Weestrom ...

or would that be BLASPHEMY?

[;{)

Larry & Sharon

...and I've decided to trade in my FJR for a WEESTROM 650.
Showing up to WCR on a WeeStrom would not be a problem. (There may already be another coming already.)

Now, trading your FJR may be considered blasphomy... but you could do like many of us and own both an FJR and a Strom.
wink.gif