WCR 2011 - The Official Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jeff,

Do you know if there is still any room to join in the WCR (in the motels and in the group). I have been sitting on the fence because of the fire season (I am on an incident management team) but it is looking pretty good now that I won't have to go out. I'd like to come up if there is room.

Thanks,

Fred

7xray

Leisurely ride from Cowtown to Bonner's Ferry to start the WCR tour... heading over Hwy 20 through the Cascades tomorrow, then over to Vancouver Island for a couple days. Heading toward Radium Thursday... see y'all there :)

Oh... saw Barb's double tonight in the bar at the Kootenai River Inn in Bonner's Ferry ... you sure you don't have a twin sister Ms. Diedrichs?

Cheers,

Griff (and the fearless pillion)

Hey Jeff,

Do you know if there is still any room to join in the WCR (in the motels and in the group). I have been sitting on the fence because of the fire season (I am on an incident management team) but it is looking pretty good now that I won't have to go out. I'd like to come up if there is room.

Thanks,

Fred

7xray

I suspect Jeff is at the cottage for the long weekend ... best bet is to contact the hotels directly (see https://fjrrally.com/WCR/index.php?page=Home&sub=Accomodation) for details). If you can't get a room at he official locations, there may be other places close by (definitely in Radium, no idea about Blue River). There's no fee for the rally itself and it's pretty informal, so at risk of incurring the wrath of FJRGuy... just show up :)

Griff

Had a pretty good day heading along WA 20. Lots of new chipseal between Newport all the way to Republic, which kinda sucked. Good ride between Republic and Tonasket, Got passed (yeah, imagine that, me being passed!) by a blue FJR, WA plates, with a WFO6 sticker on the side bag - he was leading a pair of STs through the twisties (think it might have been Wingshot?) ... actually kept them in sight until I got stuck behind a hay truck going down the grade into Tonasket... oh well. I NEED MORE TWISTIES IN MY DIET!!!

Ride up through the Cascades to Winthrop was pleasant, and then over Washington Pass. Then...WSDOT stepped in to ruin a good day... they put an automatic signal over a one lane bridge, with 30 second spacing for each direction... except there was no traffic heading UP to the pass on the last day of Labour Day weekend, so the line coming DOWN from the pass was about 5 miles long. Took 5 and a half hrs to go from Winthrop to Burlington, where we spent the night - most of that was waiting in line to get across that damned bridge!

Van Island later today.

Sorry no pics... equipment malfunction.

JLG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Brian is at SW-FOG, but I could be wrong. And, as far as I know, I have no twin. Poor woman, whomever she is :(

Ride safe, will see ya laters...

Hey Jeff,

Thanks,

Fred

7xray

I suspect Jeff is at the cottage for the long weekend ... best bet is to contact the hotels directly (see https://fjrrally.com/...ub=Accomodation) for details). If you can't get a room at he official locations, there may be other places close by (definitely in Radium, no idea about Blue River). There's no fee for the rally itself and it's pretty informal, so at risk of incurring the wrath of FJRGuy... just show up :)

Griff
No Wrath here! My dropping the ball on this little event has left lots of room at the inns and all are welcome!
yahoo.gif

The weather forecast is absolutely awesome for this weekend! Some of us will be riding from Calgary to Radium via the Crowsnest Pass tomorrow (Friday 9-Sep-2011) on our way to WCR. Anyone in the area is invited to ride with us on the way there, ride with us to Jasper then Blue River on Saturday, or join us for any portion of the rides.

You can find where we're at using your web enabled wireless device by going to https://fjrrally.com/FJRGuy/index.php?page=Find%20FJRGuy or you can text msg me and I'll respond when I'm stopped and have coverage. (PM me if you don't have my cell number.)

Captain Slow, the Fearless Pillion, and Barb are holed up in Osoyoos for the night. Heading to Castlegar then up to Nelson, Balfour, down the east side of Kootenay Lake (DH1!!) to Creston and then onward to Radium tomorrow. Expect to be in Radium +/- 3pm

Griff

Randy didn't make it to Calgary and something came up this morning so i didn't get away as planned. :(

As there are currently no takers, I'm gonna just take the scenic version of the quick route (1A to Canmore then the Windermere Parkway to Radium) and start drinking sooner.
rolleyes.gif

You're all welcome to stop by for a visit around the firepit tonight (Gateway Motel in Radium) or intercept us tomorrow in Lake Louise, Sask Crossing, Jasper or where-ever. My tracker will be on where cell service exists. Maybe Canucklehead has his Spot on and can post a link to it.

Have a great Weekend everyone!

What an awesome ride in! :D

Looks like turn out is really poor based on the number of reservations. :(

Oh well, more beer for the rest of us! ;)

All us important ones haha

Beer is cold, schnitzel was awesome!

Off to the fire pit

Damn - sure wish I was retarded re friedretired.. I'd be at everyone of these things. And racing the Old Timer MX too!

You peeps have a great time and take then post up lots of pix, eh? :lol:

I'm wondering..... did this really happen? It couldn't have... otherwise there would have been pictures.. right? eh?
Senor Tomaso Speaks the Truth, without pictures it doesn't exist here on our Fine FJR Forum. Well, except for Old Michael and that vibrator situation eh.

Due to an equipment malfunction, I have no evidence for the defence... but I'm pretty sure Barb and Jeff have pics, and I know Randy took a bunch. At least SOME of them must have turned out... no?

Griff

I just got home!

Wow, great riding weather here in BC for the last couple weeks!

Had fun Jeff, very much. Thanks again!

As for pics? Not I. I believe Jeff has the official pics, but as for the rest? What happens around the fire pit stays around the fire pit. (I still have NO idea what Del was saying LOL)

It's been, what, 2 weeks since this ride allegedly went down? No pics?

I'm with Tom. Didn't happen.

It's been, what, 2 weeks since this ride allegedly went down? No pics?

I'm with Tom. Didn't happen.
Steve and Tom: ShinyPartsUp, Old Michael and Papa Chuy have a theory on why there are no posted pictures; we firmly believe that what occurred at WCR 2011 was so profoundly depraved, so intensely obscene and so incredibly raunchy that the pics cannot even be posted on our Fine FJR Forum! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!