WCR 2013 registration is OPEN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi y'all...

June 20-23/13 in Winfield, in the Okanagan Valley of Beeeeeautiful BC! Just north of Kelowna

2 Motels to choose from:

Lake Country Inn 1-866-796-3453 - www.lakecountryinn.ca

They have 20 rooms available, a few King @ $79, or 2 queen beds @ $89

Those rates are based on at least 10 rooms being booked, if not, I believe it's $10 more per night.

Please say you are with "WCR 2013" when booking

Super 8 Winfield 1-250-766-5244 or 1-800-800-8000, https://www.super8.com/hotels/british-columbia/lake-country/super-8-lake-country-winfield-area/hotel-overview

They have 18 rooms available at this point; 5 king @ $107.00, 13 two queens @ $115.00

Super 8 did not offer a group rate, so nothing to quote at booking.

Woody's Pub is right in between both motels. Good food, pool tables and darts if memory serves me. Also a cold beer and wine store.

Across the street is a plaza with a gov't liquor store and a great little breakfast diner, and down around the corner is a funky java joint. Tim Horton's not far....

Once you have booked, please send an email to [email protected] so I can keep the attendees list here, riders and Crackbook up-to-date

I will email everyone coming a listing of good eats and good rides by March 1 so you can plan any RTE's LOL

Attendees:

barb & Norm

Fairlaner & his waaaaaay better half

FastJoyRide & his Mrs.

2006fjr & his Mrs.

El Cajone & Ros

ridenski & guest

FJRay and Pattie.

Randy and Susan.

Dr Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I'll be too old by 2103!

(The original title was "WCR 2013 registration is OPEN.")

IN !!! Room booked at the Lake Country Inn. Easy directions for me. Get on hwy 97 in Lapine and get off hwy 97 in Winfield. No GPS needed.

I just spoke with Kelowna Yamaha, he said he would get some oil filters in for us and some extra tires if we needed them

R

Reservations made at the Lake Country Inn, add me and the SO to the list Richard.

Looking forward to another adventure across the border!

--G

Richard, I would recommend you bring filters etc. with you! I just attended Auburn's Tech Day and with his advise bought the things I needed for my valve check, and cam chain tensioner (blue dot) from Cyclepartswarehouse.com! I also purchased oil filters from them, at 7.80 US. a piece so I bought 10. Here they are 22.00 Cdn. at Vernon Motor sports. Our dollar difference is less that .02 so you can see why I bought so many. Just sayin.

Mark

Richard, I would recommend you bring filters etc. with you! I just attended Auburn's Tech Day and with his advise bought the things I needed for my valve check, and cam chain tensioner (blue dot) from Cyclepartswarehouse.com! I also purchased oil filters from them, at 7.80 US. a piece so I bought 10. Here they are 22.00 Cdn. at Vernon Motor sports. Our dollar difference is less that .02 so you can see why I bought so many. Just sayin.Mark
I just bought filters last week, Yammie Canada has dropped the price of them down to about $9. At least, that's what I paid.

Wow! Vernon Motor Sports is under new management? Where do you buy from? Is it a dealer or distributor? I will pass this info to the new owner when I see him.

Don't want to turn this into an oil filter thread.
smile.png

However, I just bought the highly recommended Purolator PSL14612 at Wal-Mart in Kamloops for around $11, they had lots.

I haven't signed up for WCR 2013 as I'm not sure I'll be back from the UK in time. If I am, can I pop down for a visit?

Al.

Wow! Vernon Motor Sports is under new management? Where do you buy from? Is it a dealer or distributor? I will pass this info to the new owner when I see him.
Local dealer in Sudbury.. Hell, I don't even know the name of it. Our '5 Star' dealer closed up shop last year (no great loss) and these guys popped open a few months later. Little rinky-dink little place.

Don't want to turn this into an oil filter thread.
smile.png
However, I just bought the highly recommended Purolator PSL14612 at Wal-Mart in Kamloops for around $11, they had lots.

I haven't signed up for WCR 2013 as I'm not sure I'll be back from the UK in time. If I am, can I pop down for a visit?

Al.
Hey Al, you missed a great event at Auburn's! I finally put that plug you gave me to good use! I haven't gotten around to using any filters except Yamaha? I just felt the price difference was worth commenting on! I'm sorry I have to miss WCR as I have already made plans with my cross Canada riding partner and his bro/inlaw from Ontario to take the loop up to Jasper and back down through Banff and on to Creston back up the usual way! Talk soon, Mark

You're just goading for a response! Unless you don't remember I removed the pair system at Auburn's and replaced it with beautiful Wynpro plates for which you gave me the plug into the air/box., It so cleans up the top of the valve cover! I just put on new meat, when do you plan to cross the ogan?

Latest posts