WCR 2013 registration is OPEN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George WTF?

Is anyone meeting Steve and me in Horseshoe on Wednesday?

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, miscommunication. Hudson and Pops won't be headed up to Vancouver until Thursday.

Canadian friends, need some advice.

Pops and I are headed to Lilloet, than we have a few options to get to Kelowna.

Option1: At Cache Creek, stay on 97 till Kelowna.

Option 2: At Cache Creek, take 97C south to Merritt, then, then 5A to 97C to Kelowna

Option 3: Just before Kamloops, drop down the 5 south to Merritt, then east on the 5A to 97c

We will be leaving Vancouver BC about 11 am, so we need to make good time but also enjoy the roads. Don't want to get caught out too late with critters running about.

Suggestions?

Option 2: At Cache Creek, take 97C south to Merritt, then, then 5A to 97C to Kelowna

Option 3: Just before Kamloops, drop down the 5 south to Merritt, then east on the 5A to 97c

We will be leaving Vancouver BC about 11 am, so we need to make good time but also enjoy the roads. Don't want to get caught out too late with critters running about.

Suggestions?
Hi Hudson.

As indicated, you have several choices. My first choice would be to head south from Cache Ck. on Hwy. 1 to Spences Bridge, Hwy 8 to Merritt, Hwy 5A/97C the Coquihalla connector, to W. Kelowna then 97 to Winfield.

If time is an issue. Hwy 1 to east of Kamloops, then 97 through Vernon to Winfield.

I'm in the UK at the moment. If I'm back in time, I'll try to catch up with you guys somewhere.

Hope this helps?

Al.

Suggestions?
Hi Hudson.

As indicated, you have several choices. My first choice would be to head south from Cache Ck. on Hwy. 1 to Spences Bridge, Hwy 8 to Merritt, Hwy 5A/97C the Coquihalla connector, to W. Kelowna then 97 to Winfield.

If time is an issue. Hwy 1 to east of Kamloops, then 97 through Vernon to Winfield.

I'm in the UK at the moment. If I'm back in time, I'll try to catch up with you guys somewhere.

Hope this helps?

Al.
Thanks Al, this looks fun.

Suggestions?
Hudson,

If you are not going to leave Vancouver until 11:00am, and you are going up through Lillooet, you have a long day ahead of you. Depending on where you are staying in Vancouver, you should figure on 3 1/2 to 4 hours to get to Lillooet. As you probably know, the Duffy Lake Rd. from Pemberton to Lillooet is a famous bike road in B.C. I ran it both ways on the weekend and it's in great shape. A note of caution though; it's supposed to rain up here on Thursday, all the way from Vancouver to Lillooet. At the east end of the Duffy lake Rd., there are 5 or 6 short bridges with wooden decks that get quite slippery when wet. Make sure you slow right down for these and get your bike lined up with the planks before you cross.

After Cache Creek, I would follow Kamal's last bit of advice and take #1 to Kamloops then #97 down to Winfield to save some time.

Thanks El. Pops and I decided to spend Weds night in downtown Vancouver, get an early meeting, and try to be on the road no later than 10 a.m.

I remember the wooden bridges from last year, which was quite sunny and conducive to high speed runs. Looks like we'll dial way back Thursday.

tues jun 18
wx_87.png
Showers 72°/56°

wed jun 19
wx_87.png
Showers/Wind 68°/56°
thus jun 20
wx_87.png
Showers/Wind 66°/52°
fri jun 21
wx_87.png
AM Showers 71°/48°
sat jun 22
wx_66.png
P Cloudy 71°/49°
sun jun 23
wx_66.png
P Cloudy 71°/51°
mon jun 24
wx_65.png
M Sunny 75°/54°

Dave

What is your route coming back, I was going to ride N Cascade over to Winthrop for lunch Sunday, I can meet you when you cross back over.

Going to the Sun road is supposed to open on Friday.....Steve and I should be riding it on Monday....

R

DaveWhat is your route coming back, I was going to ride N Cascade over to Winthrop for lunch Sunday, I can meet you when you cross back over.
We have 2 alternate routes. First takes us down 97 to Omak, then heads East on 155 to Grand Coulee. Alternate and preferred route has us headed down 33 to 25 into Miles.

I want to visit just east of Creston to check out some property. We'd then head west on 2 to Cashmere then over Bluett and 90 home,

Steve and I are in Kamloops tonight, boy did it rain today.....All fucking day.
R
wish I had some better news to report pal, but it is just teeming here again this morning. Rained all day long yesterday which just doesn't happen in the Okanagan Valley (usually)

Oh well, the forest fire risk is going to be way down! See you tonight.

The roadcrafter did real good except that i left a couple of side vents open and i got a wet ass.....those vents are now closed so we will see how it does today.

R

Just a heads up, the TransCanada is closed in both directions at Banff, and 40 is closed south of Canmore. Both do to flooding. Thought somebody might be taking the scenic route home. Pass it along.

More news:

"Looks like two slides north of Kaslo have closed 31 and our beloved 31A, from Kaslo to New Denver, is now closed due to the road being washed out.

Trans Canada Highway 1 now closed at Golden."