WCR 2013 registration is OPEN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all part of a cunning BC Liberal's plan to trap travelers - then double the hotel rates.
smile.png

Kamal, many thanks for the Hwy 8 suggestion. Ran it today with Niehart and managed to avoid the rain and patrols. Great road.

So for those of you not at Woody's last night the Saturday night function is at Dave & Sylvia's. Nothing fancy - some good home cooked food and lots of BS if previous gatherings hold true! We'll plan to start the festivities here about 7:00 and will figure out transportation for any and all who would rather not be driving/riding their own vehicles. Parking here is a little problematic (as you will see Saturday) but we'll clear out our double garage which will let us park lots of bikes and if we end up with more than a couple of cars, some will have to park up on the road and walk down. Address here is 1805One Crystal Waters Road (first exit off 97 going north towards Vernon after the end of the new highway construction). There is a street number sign with that number (and one other) at the top of the drive as well as a large boulder standing on end. About 500 feet of FJR-friendly gravel drive and our house is the light brown one right at the bottom of the drive. Bring YOB (we'll have lots of diet pop, coffee, tea, water etc.) and bring some warm clothes - as if it's a nice enough evening we'll do a bonfire down on the beach.

We're going to lead a ride today around some of the north Okanagan backroads (Salmon River Road; Margaret Falls etc.) leaving 10:00ish from the Lake Country Inn if anyone is interested? Tomorrow's weather looks a little sketchy still but we may be able to run over to New Denver for a lunch run (or Kaslo if the road is reopened?)

Tomorrow night's bunfight has been moved up a little. The transport will be leaving the LCI at 6:00 sharp, if you're planning to bring your own vehicle plan to be here by 6:30 (this means you PG!)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're most welcome Harry - it was great to meet you and to have everyone here - and Sylvia held the rain at bay! See you soon.

Any pictures from WCR?
(Besides cars floating down the river?)
20130622_223543_zps2171d6cf.jpg

This is Harry's.

I'll post mine when I get home.

I'm sure there will be lots in a day or two.

Al.

Edit: Oops! Just realized Harry has several in his link - sorry Harry, trying to be helpful.

Any pictures from WCR?

This is Harry's.

Al.

Edit: Oops! Just realized Harry has several in his link - sorry Harry, trying to be helpful.
No worries Al! I have yet to adjust to this forum setup. I just posted the link rather than the pix. I look forward to a lot more pix from the others. We only hit Dave & Sylvia's wonderful banquet! I hope there's some of the crew working on those "chicken strips"!
wink.png

Any pictures from WCR?

This is Harry's.

Al.

No worries Al! I have yet to adjust to this forum setup. I just posted the link rather than the pix. I look forward to a lot more pix from the others. We only hit Dave & Sylvia's wonderful banquet! I hope there's some of the crew working on those "chicken strips"!
wink.png
I knew I was missing something special, when I saw this photo I just knew even more.
fool.gif

What fun!

Thank you sooooo much Dave and Sylvia for hosting our motley crew last night. You have an amazing home.

Looking forward to next August!!!

barb & Norm