WCR 2013 (with invitation)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6393

the Vixen of Vancouver Island
Reaction score
Hi y'all...

June 20-23/13 in Winfield, in the Okanagan Valley of Beeeeeautiful BC! Just north of Kelowna

2 Motels to choose from:

Lake Country Inn 1-866-796-3453 - www.lakecountryinn.ca
They have 20 rooms available, a few King @ $79, or 2 queen beds @ $89
Those rates are based on at least 10 rooms being booked, if not, I believe it's $10 more per night.
Please say you are with "WCR 2013" when booking

Super 8 Winfield 1-250-766-5244 or 1-800-800-8000, https://www.super8.com/hotels/british-columbia/lake-country/super-8-lake-country-winfield-area/hotel-overview
They have 18 rooms available at this point; 5 king @ $107.00, 13 two queens @ $115.00
Super 8 did not offer a group rate, so nothing to quote at booking.

Woody's Pub is right in between both motels. Good food, pool tables and darts if memory serves me. Also a cold beer and wine store.
Across the street is a plaza with a gov't liquor store and a great little breakfast diner, and down around the corner is a funky java joint. Tim Horton's not far....

Once you have booked, please send an email to [email protected] so I can keep the attendees list here, riders and Crackbook up-to-date
I will email everyone coming a listing of good eats and good rides by March 1 so you can plan any RTE's LOL

Attendees:

barb & Norm

Fairlaner & his waaaaaay better half

FastJoyRide & his Mrs.

2006fjr & his Mrs.

El Cajone & Ros

ridenski & guest

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there are 2 WCRs this year! The 'Other WCR' will be July 26th to 28th (so as to not conflict with CFR) in Crawford Bay, BC.

We're in!
clapping.gif

--G

You are invited to Join us at...

WC2R 2013
July 26 - 28, 2013
Crawford Bay, BC

I guess we'll call this the Western Canadian Camping Rally as a different WCR got posted up.

This year we are again going to do something a little different again. As WCR was always intended to be a small regional rally when CFR is on the other side of the country, a couple of us figured that an informal, camp based rally, in conjunction with the Kootenays annual outdoor comedy concert, the Kootenay Gut Buster, would fit the bill!

And its right on the Best Motorcycling highway in BC!*

No fancy 5star accomodations here but there are cabins and motel rooms available for those who don't/won't camp. Discount rates are available on camp sites, cabins and motel rooms.

This will be a $0 fee rally, but we have negotiated a group deal for the Kootenay Gut Buster for those that wish to join in on the fravolity!

Web Site and Registration will be available soon.

*Destination Highways 'DH1'

Looks like there are 2 WCRs this year! The 'Other WCR' will be July 26th to 28th (so as to not conflict with CFR) in Crawford Bay, BC.
you mean all 2 of you guys going from the west coast???

R
Just cuz you don't have the balls to ride that far!
bleh.gif

Have fun at WCR! We'd love to se you at WC2R as well!

Boys.....

If you look back at my original WCR, it was marqueed as a "regional" ride. That's all its ever been, or ever intended to be

That people from other regions consider attending is very cool. The more the merrier here in BC

We iz friendly like that, eh

:)

There is only so many weekends to plan events. Attend the ones you like and the rest will get along just fine. There isn't a rule book. :):)

Your dates are a perfect conflict with SW-FOG.
They are well aware of this, and the conflict with CFR, but those are the dates that apparently work best for Barb and several riders that she polled.
wink.png

And don't forget that SW-FoG chose dates that conflicted with CFR. :shrug:

It seems the Traditional CFR dates (since 2009) have proven to be a good time to have a rally!

That said, there are no 'rules', and it's not a competition, but there are lots of opinions... and everyone is entitled to theirs.

There will be 2 Western Canadian FJR Rallies this year. If you can't make the dates in June due to a conflict, come to the WC2R in July. Hell, even if you can make the rally in June, come in July as well. If you don't have a conflict, chose one or other, or better yet, come to BOTH! We'll ride and have a merry time with whomever shows up!
biggrin.png

Your dates are a perfect conflict with SW-FOG.
That said, there are no 'rules', and it's not a competition, but there are lots of opinions... and everyone is entitled to theirs.
Since these events are coordinated through this Forum I thought there were some rules about not having conflicting dates, at least within a Region.....but that is my bad since I was thinking of BC as being part of the the Western Region, which it is not. Seems like I do remember SW-FOG going out of their way not to have a date conflict with the first WCR in 2010 by waiting for WCR to establish its dates before selecting its own.....and you are right, this does seem to be a popular time frame. I now have 5 different events (including 2 Nationals) in the Western States to choose from that week.