WCR 2015 - Any interest out there?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6393

the Vixen of Vancouver Island
Reaction score
Just cruising some forum categories and this one has been quiet for a while

I am to be a granny for the 3rd time around Aug 20th (so I need to be here), but am game to get something going for mid July to say second weekend in August this year.

Buuuuuuuuut, if everyone has their dance card full, I can get started on something here in BC for same time frame next year (as we are usually hot and dry then).

Locale ideas:

A. Northern Vancouver Island: DH4/8/12 are up there, with potential for staying in Port McNeill where there is a decent sports bar on the water. Also, the old Dalewood Inn has pool tables (but I think the strippers are no more LOL)

B. Merritt, BC: lots of good riding loops thru ranch lands here on the West side, and not too far that Duffy Lake isn't out of the question for a day ride. That road was in amazing shape this year, with all the bridge construction done! There is a Best Western with an ample parking lot, away from view of traffic going by.

C. Jasper: not the greatest riding, but it sure is pretty.

D. ____________________ (you tell me)

I like the idea of Jasper, but no matter where you have it I would combine it with a ride on the Icefields Parkway.

Pick one and I will plan on being there.

Or I will come back next year!

Merritt has central location going for it. Go through there once in a while heading North or East, seems pretty popular with the motorbikes in summer, major petrol/food oasis. Coq. is a great ride, so is 5A.

Hi Barb,

I'm interested too. I've often thought that Lillooet would be a great site for a WCR.

- it's at one end of the Duffy Lake Road

- there's a great ride down to Lytton along the Fraser River

- good access to roads down around Spence's Bridge, Merritt etc.

- lots of options to ride a loop

- the climate is dry, dry, dry

- there are a few motels in town that would love the business

- and the scenery is fuk'n spectacular

Cheers

Cheers

Merritt works for me as we haven't nailed down anything for July or August. If there are enough nickles in the travel jar we are there.

I have plans to be in Montana second week of August. I don't think I will be crossing the border into Canada that trip.

I need to (want to) make it to one of the Canadian FJR gatherings, but I don't think it will be this year...

I do a couple of BC rides every year, so I think I'm in.

Anywhere in Beautiful British Columbia is going to be fine with me.

Extending weekends on either end (Thurs to Mon kind of things) work better than weeklong rides.

Thanks for posting this up!

Rather go thataway to Merritt in July, than Nelson, which is usually congested in July.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Son & I will be around Lake Louise/Icefield Hwy area 8/13-16 and riding to & on Vancouver Island 8/17-20. It would be cool to join in a meetup if it works out. I'll watch this thread to see how it plays out.

Hi Barb! Ltns! How are you folks? I'd be interested in a mainland cruise, not big on those over-priced cruise ships you folks are stuck with! I'm off the the Kootenay Gut Buster Comedy festival at Crawford Bay again this year, July 24 & 25. It's a hoot & a half & there are LOTs of exciting ways to get there! I'll keep an eye on this thread for any news.
smile.png
Merritt is fun as is the Log Cabin Pub at Spences Bridge.