Weatherproof USB Power Port

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a $5.00 plug-in to the accessory socket in the glovebox. The unit just plugs in and has two USB ports. Doesn't take much space (protrudes maybe a quarter inch outside the socket) and is in a reasonably waterproof environment.

I use a $5.00 plug-in to the accessory socket in the glovebox. The unit just plugs in and has two USB ports. Doesn't take much space (protrudes maybe a quarter inch outside the socket) and is in a reasonably waterproof environment.
+1 That and an aqua box and I can run my GPS, Phone or an ipod.

So do I but I wanted one outside of the glove box. I don't like rain in my glove box and I don't like bending the door to close it over the cable.

My problem is I can't fit in what I'm plugging into the glove box in there with it plugged in. Phone is too long with the cord plugged into the bottom. I tried slamming the door on my cords but it pinches them more than I like. Honestly, so far I haven't found a single use for that connector in the glove box. Tips would be appreciated for those that did.

While I like this solution, I'm doing ok with a $5 cigarette socket I bought from the auto store wired into my fuse box and kept under my seat with the previously mentioned two usb port dealy that goes in the cig lighter. All stored under my seat. Ipod and Phone both plug in and reside in my tankbag on trips.

I may still add one of the OP's in on my bike eventually, looks like a slick solution and I like it.

Me too, but adding a Coocase top box this spring which has fancy charger sockets inside it, optional extra.