Weatherproof wiring connectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those do look nice. How are the terminals attached to the wires? Solder or crimp? I can't tell from that catalog listing/

Last edited by a moderator:
Some chain auto parts stores carry the weather pack connectors. There are a couple of other sources for these CRIMP style connectors here and here, more listed in MM2s resources post here.

Those pins look just like molex pins.

edit - The ones at eastern beaver that ionbeam linked to are different (I think) being flat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some chain auto parts stores carry the weather pack connectors. There are a couple of other sources for these CRIMP style connectors here and here, more listed in MM2s resources post here.
I like these that you linked to, except that 3-pin connector looks an awful lot like one of the connectors near the fuel rail assembly (maybe the TPS connector?), and I HATE trying to get that connector apart.

I don't see anything wrong with crimp-style connectors, because there's nothing stopping you from also soldering it after you crimp it. Is there any reason why this would be a bad idea? Pre-insulated crimp-on parts are annoying though, because you have to rip the insulation off to solder it. I usually go that route because everything carried locally is crimp-on and it's faster to pick it up locally and rip the insulation off than it is to order parts intended for soldering only and wait for delivery.