Weekend of 8/15-16

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
& wouldn't mind a joiner? Ride area includes western VA, WV & NC south to Boone area. Any further than that, I'd need a long weekend.

& wouldn't mind a joiner? Ride area includes western VA, WV & NC south to Boone area. Any further than that, I'd need a long weekend.
I've been planning a weekend ride to the Monterey/Marlinton area, but can't do it this weekend; I'm going to the VJMC show & swap meet near Jefferson, PA, at White Rose MC. Still looking for a decent rebuildable crankshaft for my '68 X-6. I'll probably go the first decent weekend after this one. Hope you have a safe, enjoyable ride.

Man! Now you are really teasing! I have a pile of lumber sitting next to my pool that needs to be transformed into a deck. I was completely out of commission with an upper respiratory infection from 8/8 until yesterday. I have new tires on the bike and it rides like a dream. I am so conflicted! If I can manage to get a reasonable amount accomplished this week after work I may go. I will update as the week progresses.

Howdy Bob! I asked you last week, remember? You said you were still going to be sick... I was thinking that you'd probably be feeling better. You get enough done, let me know.

lonerider, if I do not ride this weekend, chances are, I will ride next. Will most definitely contact you if that is the case. Thanks,

Heidi

PS... I saw George peeking in here... you want to ride, don't ya' George! You and bike good to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy Bob! I asked you last week, remember? You said you were still going to be sick... I was thinking that you'd probably be feeling better. You get enough done, let me know.
lonerider, if I do not ride this weekend, chances are, I will ride next. Will most definitely contact you if that is the case. Thanks,

Heidi
I thought you were talking about this past weekend! DOH! I was really hurting, though. Definitely interested this weekend if it works out.

Bob

No... definitely not this past weekend. It was the birthday of a close friend. We all went to Nags Head for the weekend.

I expect that it's as hot at your place as it is at mine. How are you going to get any deck building done? Itsa' cookin' outside!

No... definitely not this past weekend. It was the birthday of a close friend. We all went to Nags Head for the weekend.
I expect that it's as hot at your place as it is at mine. How are you going to get any deck building done? Itsa' cookin' outside!
I will be building in my bathing suit. Get too hot...jump in pool! It is blazing today as it was yesterday. I am heading to the pool now!

Calling for rain right this minute... but we know how that forecast can change & most likely will. You up for it, let's make a plan. We can camp or hotel it... that's ok with me.

Leaving now & no email until tomorrow. You want to talk, call me.

Heidi,

My ankle has seemed to take the worst of the wreck. Just today I can go up and down the steps normal, slow but normal. I don't think I will be ready this weekend, I did not start on the bike until this past Friday. I still don't have my mirror back on, was trying to get a replacment glass but not sure if it is going to work. The mounting bar underneath the plastic was bent pretty bad and cracked. I ended up heating it to bend it back and using some epoxy putty to fix it.

All I have had to buy so far was $10 worth of windshield screws.

I found a West Virginia EuroRider Rendezvous at North Bend State Park between Clarksburg and Parkersburg 8/21-23. I was planning on attending that.

Link

George, there are companies who make glass that might work in your mirror. It's not stock glass... but convex type.... which ultimately, will equal a better view behind you if you've got the "elbow in the way" issue. If you'd like more info on it, I'll find it.

The subframe that you speak of underneath the mirror often takes the brunt. The route that you went sounds good. Replacing it would be horrible. You'd need to take EVERYTHING off of the nose of the bike... plus some upper fairing stuff.

& didn't know about your ankle. For sure, get healed up & I hope for the best with it.

Will look at your link, too. Thanks,

Heidi

I'm free this weekend. I'm already in the east Tennessee area. (Kingsport) If you are interested i wouldn't mind hooking up for some road either sat. or sunday.

Dude! Where were you last weekend!

Hahaha...thanks for the offer. I did not end up riding last weekend after all.

Supposed to go riding in WV this weekend.

My plan was to ride WV on Sat and Sun with an overnight in Richwood.

All of my riding buddies have bailed on me so it looks like I'm on my own.

I've got a "free pass" and the funds to go and the weather looks good too.

I'd hate to miss this opportunity.

Anybody from Central PA, MD, etc. want to join me?

I really don't like to travel so far alone and it's always better to

share the experience. I already have routes, food and gas stops, hotel, etc.

planned so no guess work.

Any body up for a mini-twisty fix?

SLK, answered you in post existing in other room,

Heidi