Well, well, well . . .

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks to me like that smashed a ST1300 into an FJR and then added some ZX-14 ribbed (for her pleasure) accents.

Nothing ground breaking here and if that report on the power being what it is, is true, nothing ground breaking there either. BUT it does appear to be an improvement over the old Connie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda like the looks, save for that gawd awful can... By the time I'm ready to replace my '05 in two or three years, I will most definitely consider this machine.

What will we think when we hear that the bike performs flawlessly straight out of the crate? No PCIII to buy to smooth out an abrupt throttle, no springs to disengage to make the throttle less of a pain on the wrist on long trips, no barbarian mods to have to do, no loctite on the saddle bag locks so they won't fly off, a seat that is comfy enough so that we can actually ride it for a day, no vibration in the handle bars at 45-60 mph to bother the hell out of us, a windshield that actually offers rider protection, an instrument panel that will work. I have actually enjoyed doing some of these to my ride but it would have been real nice if we didn't have to. But you guys are absolutely right, there is no need to buy the Kawi, or is there?

What is that guy doing with his pants?
2D313B3133303238313B6F72673B755962765B4D595D58575C61457A.jpg
Well. it becomes obvious when you click on the image to show full size.

He is giving the Universal Signal for "this honker of a bike leaves me limp, I am not impressed". :thumbsdownsmiley:

Plus, he looks like Jim Carey's evil twin from Me, Myself and Irene.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least they painted it silver. All the old guys will rush out and buy it becasue it matches their hair. :lol:
You wanna get your ass kicked sonny? :yahoo:

Easy there, you don't want to break a hip! :yahoo: BTW, I actually like the Concours, or what little I've seen of them. My Yamaha dealer is also a Kawi dealer, and they haven't even heard when they'll get one. I wouldn't kick another bike out of my garage, though. Any word on price?

Easy there, you don't want to break a hip! :yahoo: BTW, I actually like the Concours, or what little I've seen of them. My Yamaha dealer is also a Kawi dealer, and they haven't even heard when they'll get one. I wouldn't kick another bike out of my garage, though. Any word on price?
Sub 15k. I had a deposit on one until I saw it/sat on it in Daytona.

What are those two appendages on the front, mirrors, or are they speed brakes?
They certainly don't appear very functional as mirrors, so they must be speed brakes. I'll keep my plain-looking and highly functional FZ-1 mirrors, at least for the foreseeable future.
Those would be the "Just say no to lane-sharing" restrictors.... :(

Do the passenger footpegs look really high? I didn't notice that so much when I saw it in person at the CycleWorld show down here; but now that I have seen these photos, they appear a lot higher than the FJRs; bad news for pillions if that is the case.

They certainly don't appear very functional as mirrors, so they must be speed brakes. I'll keep my plain-looking and highly functional FZ-1 mirrors, at least for the foreseeable future.
Those would be the "Just say no to lane-sharing" restrictors.... :(
In my case, since I usually have bags on, they're like a cat's whiskers, letting me know if my luggage pods will fit where I want to go.