Went to the dark side!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
Well, Last week i decided that it's time to upgrade the old Toshiba laptop that i have beat into submission, And went with a new MacBook!

I really don't know what kept me from making this leap years ago, But i am glad that i did now!

This thing is 10x easier to navigate than my windows machine, And i am almost ready to ween myself off of windows entirely. I have a partition on the hard drive loaded with Vista if i ever have to switch back.

apple-logo1.jpg

Found this information on the intarwebs (so it must be true):

Q: What is the difference between a Mac User and a Terrorist?

A: You can negotiate with a terrorist.

You might give VMWare Fusion or Parallels a try for windows. It works very well and if you need a windows app it is right there and you do not have to reboot. Some sites that use activeX and are MSFT explorer specific it is nice to have. I uses a macbook for 90% of what I need to do , and a netbook for travel or when I need windows. I love iLife and iWork. For amateurs like myself it is all I need and does a great job.

You might give VMWare Fusion or Parallels a try for windows. It works very well and if you need a windows app it is right there and you do not have to reboot. Some sites that use activeX and are MSFT explorer specific it is nice to have. I uses a macbook for 90% of what I need to do , and a netbook for travel or when I need windows. I love iLife and iWork. For amateurs like myself it is all I need and does a great job.
I have VMWare, And honestly, It sucks with 2gb of RAM. I need to get 4gb for it to run smooth. So far, I have to reboot whenever i need to do anything windows, And it loads twice as fast as my old machine did! Probably because the overhead is low right now. ;)

yes go to 4 gigs, it really helps. On the virtual machines make sure you are set to use both cores and I think the default memory is set to 512 megs. Mine it is pretty close to the same speed as with boot camp

This was a bit of tongue in cheek I recently saw in the latest edition of Embedded Technology Journal.

Late-Breaking Gnus

In other business news, Apple (AAPL) is expected to begin selling a line of white-colored bricks. Investors greeted the news with skepticism, given the current state of the housing market and low demand for construction materials. An Apple spokesperson, however, allayed concerns stating, “Apple’s vaunted design aesthetic, patented simplicity®, and ease of use™ enable us to revitalize an otherwise dormant market. Based on past experience, we’re certain to build a loyal – not to say fanatical – following. Besides, our bricks are just cooler than anyone else’s."

:D

I have a 13in MacBook. I like some of the features of Mac OS X. I bought it for a slim compact travel notebook. It runs Windows 7 pretty nice. I have to Boot Camp because Parallels doesn't work with the PowerCommander software very well. It can't connect to the USB port when I want to adjust the map on my Busa.

I'm anxious to get the MacWheel laptop when they come out. :yahoo:

Just think, no keyboard with which to get carpel tunnel. :D

Enjoy your new MacBook!

Brodie

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the dark side Adam!

4 days left on an awesome software deal

Macheist has their 3rd installment, $950 of software for $39

Delicious Library 2 is worth the bundle price alone.

Easily my favorite program for the Mac.

Welcome to the dark side Adam!4 days left on an awesome software deal

Macheist has their 3rd installment, $950 of software for $39

Delicious Library 2 is worth the bundle price alone.

Easily my favorite program for the Mac.
Interesting stuff... Is that really for sale? It sounds too goo to be true.

Yes it is true.

It is their big charity drive, this is the third installment (Macheist III)

Since you are new to a Mac you most likely have no idea what each program does.

If you click on each one it tells you all about it with a video and a link to the title developers home page.

Here are a couple of others that do similar events throughout the year

Truerwords

He should have another event this spring

https://www.mupromo.com/

New deal everyday

General Mac Info

https://appleinsider.com/

https://www.geekbrief.tv/

https://www.macrumors.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to score a Macbook Wheel as part of the early adopter program. It only took me 4 minutes to type this message and I still have 25% battery life remaining...

Back in the day, RAM was precious and super expensive... 61 for 4gb is CHEAP.

I remember buying a 256mb SD card for $100 5 years ago... :assassin: