Went to the dark side!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the day, RAM was precious and super expensive... 61 for 4gb is CHEAP.
I remember buying a 256mb SD card for $100 5 years ago... :assassin:
In the name of nostalgia oneupsmanship, when I started in medical electronics we were still using the DEC PDP computer series with RK05 disk drives. The disk drive was about the same size as the PDP "mini-computer", which is to say huge! It was about 14" high on a full width 19" rack.

And get this: the 14" swappable disk pak was only 2.5Mb! I have no recollection of what we paid for those monstrosities, but I know they weren't cheap. Nor reliable. Can you say head crash?

Always have had a Mac for home use. Just like the fit and finish better over a PC. And we just bought a new 24" screen IMac!
:yahoo:

gallery-big-01.jpg

>>> and IMacs are a better value:

New_imacs_offer_more_value_than_competition_report.html

:yahoo:
that's the same beautiful piece of apple heaven that i'm typing on right now. love it love it love it! worth every expensive penny. now if garmin would make mac software, my computing life would be complete.

checkout the Forum's own Shawn King's webcast Your Mac Life. A lot of good info. https://www.yourmaclifeshow.com/
Thanks for the plug!

Our show *isn't* for techy geeks but more for the entertainment value. We talk to a lot of folks about the Mac Community, the hardware and the software and the cool things you can do with a Mac. We also talk to those people doing cool things!

During the live show, we have an IRC Chat Room and take emails from the audience. We also do all the usual "radio show" stuff - prizes, giveaways, contests....It's mostly just a fun, gooy show my wife and I do each week. :)

that's the same beautiful piece of apple heaven that i'm typing on right now. love it love it love it! worth every expensive penny. now if garmin would make mac software, my computing life would be complete.
Ask and you shall... RoadTrip
thank you so much Rick! Adam and I were talking about that program the other day but I haven't had a chance to look into it more. It's downloaded now and I'll dig into it soon!

I switched to Mac twelve years ago after my Windows computer kept crashing every 2 weeks. There is a great cartoon floating around out there--the lower caption is a guy entering the gates of hell and the devil is there with the greeting: "Welcome to hell--here's your IBM" and the upper caption is a guy entering the Pearly Gates and St. Peter greeting him with, "Welcome to heaven--here's your MAC!

:rolleyes:

The Rev.

Pwn2Own hacker: Apple Safari is 'easy pickings',
https://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2748

Beware of using this browser...
Safari uses the same webkit as Mozilla, Firefox, Chrome, Camino and others. Use one of the other browsers if you wish on a Mac. Where was the 4/1 virus attack aimed? Windows yet again. If you like Windows great buy a macbook without an OS and install windows and run it. There is in reality no perfect OS, Browser or application. I love virtualization as I am not forced to run a specific OS or application. I can pick the best one to do the job, I like Mac's as they are easier to use and I like the apps better, at home. I made my living writing Windows apps and designing systems around it. Just use what you prefer and gets the job done.

A Mac! That's like experimenting with men.......... How many times do you take deliveries in the rear before you are officially gay? No matter what happens., you cannot blame it on Bill Gates anymore. :dribble: