West Coast Gathering (WCG) - June 15-18, 2023, Fort Bragg, CA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
WCG 2023 - June 15-18, 2023

04/06/2023 - HOTEL RESERVATION UPDATE:

After months of back and forth via phone and email, I FINALLY was able to acquire a group room rate and block for our event. If you booked through a third party website (i.e. hotels.com, etc.), you'll need to book your room via the link below and then cancel your other booking. If you booked directly through the hotel, please call them and tell them you're with our group and they will give you the group rate. Please let me know if you have any issues with any of this.

First go to this link and book your room:

https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super...3&checkOutDate=06/18/2023&groupCode=061523TRM
The group code is 061523TRM if you need it. Cancel your original third party reservation after you have made your booking with the link. The group rate saved me over $120 for the three nights so I think it's a pretty good deal.

----------------------------------------

After weeks and hours of emails and phone calls and every hotel asking me to sign a contract and put my personal credit card down for any rooms that wouldn't be booked on the room block, I've decided that the easiest thing to do is choose a hotel and let y'all make your own reservations.

Here is the hotel info where I've booked for what is the most reasonably priced hotel in the area with decent reviews. Sure would like to have you all join me there to tell tall tales in the parking lot and such frivolity. No room block or secret code for our group. Just make your own reservation. This will be gathering central although you are welcome to find something else if you are so inclined. Be sure to do your due diligence on less expensive hotels as there are issues at some of them. I would encourage you to make your reservations ASAP as the hotel will fill up quickly for that time of year. You can always cancel.

Super 8 by Wyndham
888 S Main Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437
https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/super-8/f ... g/overview

-----------------------

If you like to sleep on the ground out in the elements, here are a few campgrounds nearby:

Pomo RV & Camping 2 mi
Woodside RV Park 1.8 mi
Hidden Pines RV & Campground 1.1 mi

I'll work on finding a restaurant for a group dinner on Saturday night and also put together some very tasty routes that will definitely put some (s)miles on you and your bike! Look forward to seeing anyone and everyone in June 2023!

Guest List as of 2/20/23:

norcal rider1
George/escapefjrtist1
Richard/fairlaner +12
Doug/bugnatr +12
Diane/Mrs Highlander1
CraigRegs / Don2
Julie/fjrfarrier + The Horse2
Fred/juniorfjr + Lindell2
audiowize1
Rich/NorCal FJR + Nikki2
Jamming Jimmy1
Mike/ekiM1
Steve/bluestreek + Cindi2
Rusty31
Neil San Diego1
JP/PhatAir4Me +12
gfran+ Cindy2
Carl/n2osx + Amy2
Sam/Nightshine1
Rog/rogdeb2
03silverbullet1
Archer1
AdamK1
Road_Runner1
Don/dcarver1
John/JREW1
SacramentoMike1
Gregory + Pocahontas2
Jeff/FJRPittsburgh1
Dean/Steel_Gin1
morecowbell1
EddieRascal +12
Gbjbany1
Josh/Cav47 +12
El Toro Joe + Jackie2
Rocnsanman1
kornbread1
McRide1
GaryW / Socalrider229591
Bugs1
SquadFiftyOne / Mike1
Skooter (?)1

Last edited:
Just putting a placeholder here as I'm in the throes of putting together a western gathering in beautiful Fort Bragg, CA. YFO was just too expensive in the area and the chance for fires/smoke is pretty dang high. Cool temps, beautiful roads, and less chance of wildfires.

Anyhoodles, hoping to have some hotel info and specific dates soon and will update this post accordingly. You have been forewarned! ;)
Tyler, count me in. I'm in Sebastopol Sonoma County.
Sacramento Mike you are weird. But aren't we all....

Remember me?
I will ponder this...
Now that I am "self directed" there may be a route there from Carson City.

Currently in discussion with a hotel and trying to get a date and room block nailed down... likely will be mid-June... as soon as I know, you'll know!! ;)
Hey!
Newish member from Crescent City here. Might consider including any tent camping options. I know June can be iffy ☔️, but I’ve always enjoyed camping off the bike!
Thanks for your work on this 👍.