western gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJRay

Reaction score
We need something going on in the west for 2019. There hasn't been a western FJR event in some time. How about getting some "new blood" involved in keeping a good western event going. I don't have the ability to do another event my self but would be glad to offer what I know from doing the Reuben for awhile.

Call it WOG for "western owners gathering" or whatever, pick an area, find a facility and keep it simple.
smile.png
punk.gif

Maybe call it Pacific FOG. Hold it anywhere along the Pacific states.

Attendance I can do, but I am not sure I have the time anymore to do any organizing, other than helping out in some trivial way.

2018 working two outages so time is limited here too. 2019 central Kali maybe?

2018 working two outages so time is limited here too. 2019 central Kali maybe?
Central Kali sounds great. Atascadero, Paso Robles or SLO in the spring would be cool. Don and his buddies can be tour guides. If you haven't toured the area, it's among the best riding anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will make some calls and get some information.

Another great location is Fortuna, Ca. Great riding, a couple of motels across the street from the Eel River Brewery and easy distance for Wa, Or, and Ca. riders. I've been to a few very successful rallies there held by other moto groups.

Paso Robles is also good but it starts stretching for the Or, Wa folks. In Paso, I've attended a couple of rallies at the Best Western at Black Oak. It's another good rally hotel and stumbling distance to Big Bubba's BBQ and couple of other eateries. For the budget minded, there is a Motel 6 a couple of blocks down from there that has nice rooms.

Boy did I make a mistake.

2019 working two outages, spring and fall so 2019 not so good for the dcarver.

2020 is a whole other story!

Sorry for confusion.

And yes, Ray is right, central-west Kali has best overall riding of any geographic location I've ever ridden. 7k ft mountains to the sparkling blue pacific, some paved roads just now on the GPS, lakes in spring time, and of course hi way 1 north of Cambria is awesome. But not as awesome as Rossi's Driveway, JSNS!

Paso Robles is also good but it starts stretching for the Or, Wa folks.
Nope, then PNW Peeps just be warming up when they hit SLO county!
punk.gif

Lots of possibilities . Somebody needs to step up and get at it as things will be filling up fast.

Fortuna/Eureka are also great areas for riding and you can have breakfast at the Samoa Cook House.
punk.gif
punk.gif

Eureka would be fitting cause that was the last WFO. The Red Lion there was a good place.

Don, for a retired guy you spend a lot of time talking about working. Knock it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could put together another Sparks, Nv. gathering but with my work schedule it would have to be in late June at the earliest . It is a good base for riding the northern around Tahoe and the Sierra's.

But by then half the forum will be with John somewhere up north.
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.