WFO-10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, Ya'all !!

As you're aware, I was looking at the Mammoth Mountain Inn for WFO10 - and after being tag teamed by three salespeople, the proposal I received showed that they just weren't listening. That, and they thought very highly of their facility.

So - I have a proposal coming in Monday for the Red Lion Inn in Idaho Falls - and the date is 1 week prior to the Big Sky rally - July 14th through the 17th. This will be "on the way" to Big Sky, Montana.

I've tried to keep it somewhat convenient for staff - I know that Matt is in the rally, as are Lisa and Tobie, and I would imagine that Dale is as well.

Please let me know if there's any scheduling problems - especially if you can't make it.

Hal

Last edited by a moderator:
The weekend works for me...pretty much. Makes me wonder the value of coming back home Sunday to then leave Wednesday to Montana....maybe I'll have to take off the week again.

I stopped in Idaho Falls last spring after coming through Yellowstone. Nice little downtown area and a river running through it! If I remember correctly the RL is down by the river across from the Mormon Temple.

Teton is reasonable at 130 miles there plus the same distance back. Old Faithful is even possible with a longer day ride....with a nice loop through lots of green stuff at 330 miles.

I hope the rooms are reasonable......Jackson Hole was talking $300 a night....yikes!

....and I just thought about something. Somebody did make the suggestion of a rolling rally. Tell me why it would be a giant PITA to have a banquet Friday night in Idaho Springs and banquet in Cody, WY on Saturday night? (or vice versa)

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
The weekend works for me...pretty much. Makes me wonder the value of coming back home Sunday to then leave Wednesday to Montana....maybe I'll have to take off the week again.

I stopped in Idaho Falls last spring after coming through Yellowstone. Nice little downtown area and a river running through it! If I remember correctly the RL is down by the river across from the Mormon Temple.

Teton is reasonable at 130 miles there plus the same distance back. Old Faithful is even possible with a longer day ride....with a nice loop through lots of green stuff at 330 miles.

I hope the rooms are reasonable......Jackson Hole was talking $300 a night....yikes!

....and I just thought about something. Somebody did make the suggestion of a rolling rally. Tell me why it would be a giant PITA to have a banquet Friday night in Idaho Springs and banquet in Cody, WY on Saturday night? (or vice versa)

Matt
Room rates will be comparable to Moscow - or right there abouts. As to a rolling rally - let's see - two different contracts, two different locations, loss of volume discounts, logistics moving stuff around, etc., etc. Do we set a separate price for each location? Do we have attendees at one, but not the other? How many attendees are going to drink heavily, etc.? Completely pack/unpack twice -

And you're kidding, right?