Wfo-4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fjroamer

Reaction score
as reported on FJRowners.com : :D

Reports will be coming in soon..., this just gets the ball rolling!

Misty (my '03 FJR) was jumpin' with anticipation the last several days as the event was about to unfold. It was just a few miles south of here that she became one of the first U.S. bound Feejers to set "foot" on Washington tarmac, as I ordered her on the first hour of the first day of the first year of the Priority Del. Prog. She was grinning, mirror to mirror.... It was she, who Sharp and Silverbullet (and Jenny) first rode while waiting for their Feejers, and her first ride with a neighbor to the north from Canada (FJR-EH) was up the Mt. Baker Hwy. She was in good company!!!! Yes, even the spirit of Nocchi was remembered and present!

My episode started out by meeting the Peak to Peak "brigade" on Thur. in the Mt. St. Helens area and running them (or did they run me?) up through Mt. Rainier and up through the untrafficed foothills of the Cascades, totally bypassing the mess around Seattle. The catch phrase "one good turn deserves another" was most applicable here and riders were assured that their tires would wear evenly, sidewall to sidewall. I can't say enough about the good naturedness of these Calif. guys and gals and it was a great joy and priviledge to have shared the 12 hour day with them!

Weather could not be any greater for the PNW area, sunny and hot the entire weekend. Having been alll over the country for many-a-year, I am re- reminded how awsome and spectacular the scenery is up here. Nothing rivals it and I'm sure you'll have pics and reports attesting to this.

A special thanks and "tip of the hat" to all who had a part in this: Sharp and wonderful wife, Silverbullet and Jenny, FJR-Eh, and H-Marc as well was present, one of the cornerstones of the FJR community. Don't hesitate to thank these people, and Warchild as well, who helped behind the scenes.

I ramble on, so..., I'll leave it to the rest of the attendees to share with the community.

It's been great! Roamer

Hi All,

Just want to say I had a wonderful time. Been on the road now for 25 days with another month or so to go taking in Alaska. The hotel and staff were super, food great and riding superb.

to see some pictures of my trip just click on the link below. On the top sentence click on the various Alaska pages. After I send this I will add some WFO4 pictures.

Thanks again to all who worked so hard so we could have fun.

Heber Guy

Al

https://homepage.mac.com/adziuba/

Hey Heber...good to here you are doing fine.

Two other guys and I rode with you at the CFO around La Crosse last month. Have a good "ride" up to Alaska and have fun/ be safe up there! Hope you got a something set up for Fairbanks.

Looking forward to the pictures and catching up with you in Arkansas this fall.

Pictures anyone???

I think somebody previously posted that the cfo'ers didn't send enough. So far I haven't seen much at all from you wfo'ers :angry:

Come on share the good times wit the rest of us :clap: :clap: :D

thanks to all for making my trip up from so. CA a memorable and safe :bleh: ride. The facility and food were excellent, met some really neat folks and really enjoyed the many wonderful roads. My special thanks to MM2 for putting together the Peak to Peak experience. It was great. I look forward to seeing all of you in Reno in 2006.

I was lucky to win the Magellean GPS, now have to find room to put another one on my BlueJay!!

Geeze! Did any one bring a camera? Did anyone go? WTF? Highlander, where are ya, brudda? Post up dem piccies! Wada we gotta do, hire a staff photographer!? Man, ya can'ts depends on anyone deze dayz.... <_<

I couldn't make it, so I need to see the pictures for proof that this little shindig actually happened. So far nothing has happened! Come on people, post up!

I just got home (Monday night) and I think Pegscraper and Highlander are ataking another day to come down the coast. Sheesh!

I really missed TWN! And Rogdeb...and Rick in Sac!

And...it didn't really happen. It's a fig-newton of your mangination. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geeze!  Did any one bring a camera?  Did anyone go?  WTF?
I did! I did!

WFO-4 Photos

Not a photographer and don't play one on TV, but pictures are posted. Posted to the MicaPeak list but sometimes I forget the forums.

My episode started out by meeting the Peak to Peak "brigade" on Thur. in the Mt. St. Helens area and running them (or did they run me?) up through Mt. Rainier and up through the untrafficed foothills of the Cascades, totally bypassing the mess around Seattle
Hey, can any kindly soul on that brigade give a few towns, hiway numbers or waypoints of that route bypassing Seattle? I used to live in Snohomish a long time ago and go skiing at Stevens Pass, so might have a clue. Interested in what you hooligans came up with.

Yambone...., the route north fr. Enumclaw was : Cumberland, Kanasket, Ravensdale (straight n. out of Co. Fairgrounds, running e. of Hwy 169), turning r. on Issaquah/ Hobart Rd, n. up to Hobart, e. on Hwy 18, under I-90 straight thru to Snoqualmie Falls, Hwy 202 to Fall City and all the way up Hwy 203 to Monroe. At that point , stopping for dinner at Buzz Inn in Monroe, it was getting dark so the convoy was routed on Hwy 2 west to I-5 and up to Skagit. Would've been way to much to go in via Lk.Rossiger, Granite Falls, Jordan Rd., Arlington, Hwy 9. :lazy:

FJroamer, thanks for the ride details! I definitely wouldn't have guessed all of that, even being from the area. Nice to have in the bag next time I'm in the vicinity. 30 years ago, I got a performance award at the town of Carnation, and wondered if you guys went thru there--looks like you did. That Lk Rossiger /Granite Falls leg, looks sweet, too.

Also thanks to all you picture guys and those that let us live vicariously through the real riders.

Don't get me wrong... I love my Blue '05... but that red one sure looks sweet....