WFO10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
And so it begins. I spent a night at Mammoth Mountain Inn last week, visiting three different properties that have the potential to host our event. Only one can meet the price point that we're looking for. If you were at WFO9, AND if I managed to get the hard copy into your hands, you've seen the info.

I spoke with two folks not on the staff list so far - Richard Hall, who indicated that the altitude (8,000+ ft) made it difficult for smokers. Mike Krause's feedback was along the lines of poor roads, desert riding, etc. Not sure I agree with that.

To refresh, the proposal I have is for Mammoth Mountain Inn. They have the conference facilities, catering, parking, etc., that will fit what we need.

I'd like to solicit your feedback and opinions as soon as possible - I'd hate to pull the trigger on this, and then have no one show up for the event.

Notes to consider:

8,000+ ft altitude.

Incredible roads and vistas.

Local restaurants, breweries, shuttle from/to the condos, irish bars, etc. Lot's to do and see.

Point still negotiating - comp room rate. They only comp 1 night per 50 nights sold. Historically, we've had 1 to 25. I'm pushing for this.

If any of you want a copy of the proposal contact me via email and I'll send it out.

So - comments? opinions?

So, context would be we're talking the eastern side of the Sierras here. 395 would be access road and places to possibly ride include Yosemite! Tourist filled yes....however PHENOMENAL in my opinion and everybody should go there at least once before they die. The birthplace of the National Parks movement.

Death Valley, Sequoia, Kings Canyon are also 3 other NP in the area!

It's also a great area for those that might want to go bomb the roads of Nevada. A group BBG would be a prime opportunity....and SS for those that want to whip one out in less than 16 hours.

The altitude doesn't bother me personally and most folks shouldn't either. Hopefully there would be nervous nellies on that point.

Matt