What a difference a year makes.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRMH Eagle

Reaction score
Looking at all of the changes in the past year has me speechless how it's all happened without me going crazy... even though I'm come close to it.

- Sold my 2007 FJR - first motorcycle ever owned.

- Was forced out of my employment due to an accident and formed my own company doing accounting & consulting.

- Finally wrapping up the settlement with the aforementioned accident.

- Started a new career by entering a master's program in counseling & therapy to become a licensed professional counselor.

- Began dating a wonderful lady who has become the love of my life and we will be married in June.

- Purchased a Macbook and haven't looked back.

- Went from 210lbs and 25% body fat to 165lbs and 14% body fat.

- Have put my house for sale in the mountains outside Denver and will move to Denver following the sale.

- Cleaned a lot of stuff out my house. I took about 6 carloads full of stuff to Goodwill. Sold and disposed of a bunch more.

- Learned how to snow ski this winter. By my 6th excursion was already skiing blacks.

- In the process of learning how to dance the Argentine tango.

- In a month or so I will start my counseling/psychotherapy practice and will offer a discounted rate since I'm in school. So if you or you know of someone looking for a counselor full of life experience and has dealt with his baggage then I would appreciate the referral - I can Skype with clients!

There is a lot more but just wanted to share with everyone with what's been going on. I have enjoyed my time here on the forum and now it's heading in a different direction. There is a term used in the therapy world of "social convey" which includes all the people that have made a difference in our life, which is true of my time here. It would be a lie to say I am going to miss this because I have so much ahead of me it's so difficult to look back!!!

Wow! You HAVE been a busy boy, haven't you? Congrats on all the new and exciting stuff going on in your life and good luck in your path forward.

So what are you riding now?

225 to 165???? Wow!

Yes, I've been busy! Whew.....
omg2.gif

Not riding anything but my 2011 Subaru Outback. Most likely my time on a bike is over. The auto accident was more than enough to sell the bike and give up the riding thing. My Toyota 4runner saved my life. However if it wasn't for the accident then I probably would've never seriously evaluated where my life was going and make the decision to become a counselor to help others.

Oh, I forgot to mentioned I learned the self-defense techniques of krav maga!

Makes me feel like a slug. All I have done is work. Maybe Krav Maga is a good idea for me too.

Krav Maga is great - VERY practical for self-defense, the basics are usually easy to learn, great for your confidence and exercise. Yeah, get off your doofus and get moving!

learned Krav Maga on the side while studying Tae Kwon Do. What an intense work out. Best cardio going.

Looking at all of the changes in the past year has me speechless how it's all happened without me going crazy... even though I'm come close to it.
- Began dating a wonderful lady who has become the love of my life and we will be married in June.

- Went from 210lbs and 25% body fat to 165lbs and 14% body fat.
I'm thinking these two incidents are connected ;)

Seriously, well done. I read this and realized how lazy I am. Maybe I'll do something about that. Good decision on the bike. You ride because you want to; you have nothing to prove to anyone.

LOL ... I typed that then realized, this guy has seriously got nothing to prove. Well done (now where's that thumbs up icon when I need it?)
smile.png