What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indian sent me an invitation to ride one of their bikes. They also threw in a $50 gift certificate and an Indian tee shirt if I actually took it out and gave my opinion of the bike afterwards.

So I let her sit in the parking lot of an Indian dealership for an hour while I test rode a Chieftain.

pista posted: Indian sent me an invitation to ride one of their bikes. They also threw in a $50 gift certificate and an Indian tee shirt if I actually took it out and gave my opinion of the bike afterwards.
So I let her sit in the parking lot of an Indian dealership for an hour while I test rode a Chieftain.
...... and .....? Tell me you're gonna use the tee shirt to wash the FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to say it, but the T-shirts the local Indian dealer gave away were pretty nice.

I just can't bring myself to wear it in public.

I got the worst mileage Eva! Cruising @ 93 mph on the way to Baxter State Park in Maine. Good Thing I don,t have the first year Gen3 bike.

Dave

pista posted: Indian sent me an invitation to ride one of their bikes. They also threw in a $50 gift certificate and an Indian tee shirt if I actually took it out and gave my opinion of the bike afterwards.
...... and .....? Tell me you're gonna use the tee shirt to wash the FJR.
I can see the appeal of riding one around town. Otherwise the power delivery and the typical cruiser riding position doesn't work for me.

But the tee-shirt is pretty nice. And although I wouldn't wear The Motor Company stuff, I think Indian is pretty cool. So I broke it in on a ride to Western, PA for lunch today.

Rode a bunch and put a waterproof cover from El Toro on my aux fuel pump switch (actually, Joe put it on for me). Thanks Joe!

UcynY6.jpg

This weekend I / we installed a pair of LED lights on my bike.

During the time that I didn't need help, my wife was busy installing a Fenda Extenda on her K1200S.

It took most of the weekend. We did it sober.

Details / photos later. Maybe.

Well, not to my FJR, but I changed the oil on the Exxon Valdeze in my garage. I'm hoping the new filter stops the flow onto the floor.

After that, I started it. Well, that's a lie, I tried to start it and failed. So I jumped it and burned my finger. I fought with it some more and then started it. I let it run for a while. When I went to replace the battery cover, she fought back, but after some good cuss words, she gave up and I won, again.

Turned her off, checked the oil, and it was perfect. I restarted her with a simple push of the button. Yay! Then I turned her off and put her back in her corner.

Hopefully she's ready to go when her rightful owner comes to pick her up.

Compilation of the past few weeks farkling my '15:

Battery Tender plug installed.

Fuzeblocks Install:

IMG_3747-L.jpg

Not much connected to it at the moment. It's velcro'd to the electronics box that now fills the tray space (moved my Slime pump to sidebag for now). The GPS wiring runs back up the Fuzeblocks' loom and feeds out near the forward edge of the fuel tank to the Rambone. I took the switched signal from the tail light wire in the Admore Lighting FJR kit, keeping the OEM wiring intact. I've added a short coax, from my Warm 'n Safe gear, that feeds up between the seat and tank, in the center, to power my tank bag's USB plug. For normal heated gear use, I plan to add a Powerlet set on the side near the seat lock...I think I can run that off the Fuzeblocks with a 10A fuse and be ok right (Warm 'n Safe 4th Gen jacket liner and heated gloves)?

Givi SR357, E55, and WynPro Bigfoot:

Transferred the Givi stuff from my '07 to the new bike and added a Bigfoot to the mix. The Bigfoot's already gotten more than a few comments...mostly "Man, I need one of those!" Don't know why I waited so long to get one myself. The Givi is using an Admore light kit with the FJR-specific plug 'n play harness.

IMG_3761-L.jpg

VStream Sport Touring Windscreen:

I'm already a fan of VStream, so I wanted one for the '15. The "sport touring" model is essentially their medium-sized screen. So far, it's good and I expect it'll do great this winter. I probably shouldn't have put it on yet since we're still in the upper '80's and low '90's around here and the VStream blocks a lot of air even in the low position, but fall's quickly approaching, so I'll keep it on.

IMG_3766-L.jpg

T-Rex Frame Sliders:

I wavered between these and cages; ended up sticking with sliders as they worked well on my '07. I have the T-Rex bag protectors too, but after installing them and seeing them, I decided to take them off for now...I'm undecided.

IMG_3751-L.jpg

WynPro Ram-bone:

Instead of the MCL threaded steering nut cap I used on the '07, I opted to use the Ram-bone to mount my Tom Tom. So far, I am liking it much more than the steering nut mount...it doesn't move. I end up with a solid GPS mount that I can move my tank bag up against without fear of interfering with something.

IMG_3762-L.jpg

I also did work on my '07...but mostly just stripping stuff off of it that I needed for the '15.
wink.png

IMG_3782-L.jpg

Not much left to really do farkling-wise...I have a Techspec kit coming for the tank and I'm thinking about some fork lights, but that's really about it for now...maybe. It's a disease...really, lol.

Road to Madawaska ME. today and took pictures. We visited one of the 4 corners parks. I won't be able to post until I get back home.

Been a hoot so far,

Dave

Took my wheels off to get new tires mounted...I'll get them back tomorrow. Fresh tires for EOM...Woohooo!!!

Had a T30GT mounted on the front. The back has about 1,500 miles, so I'm ready for EOM!

Last week I mounted a T30GT on the front and my first ever PR2 on the rear. Today I got to hit the curves on my long way round commute and it was lean-inspiring. My Pirelli on the front was cupped and I knew it was affecting me, but I am shocked how much of a difference it made. I am excited about riding the Ozarks in Arkansas this weekend!

Ordered a Givi V-47 topcase sr357 mounting kit and a backrest to rep;ace my oem topcase. Had to order from 2 different retailers because everyone is backordered on everything or so it seems!

The T30GT front and the PR2 rear is a nice (and reasonably cost effective) combination. I'm running that combo now. I found that the Pirelli (Angel GT) was one of the nicest tires I've run at first but sucked badly after 5000 miles or so. Cupped badly and induced a lot of front end shake - changed it out with still a couple thousand miles left in it.

Ordered a Givi V-47 topcase sr357 mounting kit and a backrest to rep;ace my oem topcase. Had to order from 2 different retailers because everyone is backordered on everything or so it seems!
I have been waiting for over two weeks for word on those exact two items. I may have to take my trip using the weaker SHAD mounting system.

I have been waiting for over two weeks for word on those exact two items. I may have to take my trip using the weaker SHAD mounting system.
I told competition accessories to take a hike and refund my money. They are great at taking your bucks and then saying they don't have it in stock. Just going to order it through a local bike shop that I know and trust.

Ya Know...........

This is REALLY starting to get ghey.. I mean seriously fukin GHEY..

I shit in Lucy Lue's tank several years ago.... get a life for fuks sakes