What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solved my fobo issue. Had to uninstall and reinstall the app then remove and reinstall the sensors. Now I can go back to checking my air pressure from my living room sofa.
:lol:

(Yesterday) took a quick 220 mile morning spin to view the damage done by the KNP Complex Fire from 2021 in southern Sequoia National Forest.
The report is not good……..
Biknflyfisher

I am almost back on the fjr. Changed the oil today. Ive had mucho surgeries not related to any crash. Looking forward to the first ride. Nice to see the forum is still working. Almost at 100,000 miles.

Put about 400 miles riding back and forth to work this week. I will work my 7th straight 12 hour night tomorrow then off till sat day shift. Plans for days off are oil change bleed clutch and brakes on the FJR pull and send off carbs on the Honda V65 Sabre. Trouble shoot the fuel system on the ranger I just bought. Cut grass I have 11 acres. shoot some Skeet. Finish floor and baseboards on grandsons room and if I can squeeze it in a trip to pic and pull

friday took the skills part of the motorcycle test on my FJR, Its a pig in the slow weave portion. 10 years ago I gave up riding due to a medical condition (inner ear) that the Doctors said would never go away. I gave up my license then and sold my 2004 Concours. Well the Doctors were wrong and I am back riding now. I bought my 2010 FJR from a friend who went to riding a Goldwing. I got my learners permit rode the FJR for 3 mounts and took the skills test passing it. rode to work at 4:30 this morning 46 degrees 26 miles

friday took the skills part of the motorcycle test on my FJR, Its a pig in the slow weave portion.
Definitely no lightweight and pretty top-heavy. Tires in good condition and properly inflated makes a big difference. Might want to check steering head bearing condition and torque as well.

friday took the skills part of the motorcycle test on my FJR, Its a pig in the slow weave portion.

The FJR is less top heavy than the C10 ... but if you are doing tight stuff , do it with 1/2 a tank of gas or less.

The FJR is less top heavy than the C10 ... but if you are doing tight stuff , do it with 1/2 a tank of gas or less.
It is but I dont do much slow tight stuff without being able to put a foot down The last time I took a motorcycles skills test I was riding a Honda CB400F and that was around 1979 or so MSF class to get base sticker at NAS Oceana Virginia Beach VA

What happened? Spider or other anomaly?
(You can now upload images directly to the forum.)

not sure, I suspect the dealer many years ago that did the recall got a little to carried away with the zip ties and poking the main harness by the battery kills the bike (there where zip tie marks on the harness), ignition harness connection looks a little spicy so am changing that out too

20220925_190554.jpg

also a bit of corrosion here and there that's not helping
20220925_190618.jpg

(original picture was too big a file)

Yeah, the wires going into that connector look at least mildly toasted and the plastic in the connector appears crazed- due to heat?
Hopefully, this is the root cause.
'06 AE?

Yeah, the wires going into that connector look at least mildly toasted and the plastic in the connector appears crazed- due to heat?
Hopefully, this is the root cause.
'06 AE?
07AE

so far I spent 1200 at partzilla.com for harnesses, and few hoses as there was dry rotting + some PITA service items since it's all torn down.

on top of a bunch other reasons I "dislike" my local dealer, I found this ground just zipped tied inside the the fairing, that they tried to blame me of disconnecting...

20220925_2001311.jpg

I am sus of them half-assing the recall years ago and it has become a latency failure as a result.