What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on top of a bunch other reasons I "dislike" my local dealer, I found this ground just zipped tied inside the the fairing, that they tried to blame me of disconnecting...

View attachment 2757

I am sus of them half-assing the recall years ago and it has become a latency failure as a result.
That is the ambient temperature sensor. That is where it is supposed to be.

Saturday, I rode it to have lunch with Panman, his giant son [size 16 shoes], Escapefjrtist and Curly Joe. We had some excellent entertainment during the meal.
1664755633542.jpeg
1664755700265.jpeg

After lunch, Escapefjrtist lead us on some of his excellent curvy back roads.
We stopped at a motorcycle store try to find some gear for Panman's son, but no 4xl coats or helmets were found.
We did some more curvy roads and then headed home.
It was a most excellent adventure.

Well, I put all the Tupperware back on my 08 today. Over the last couple of weeks, I replaced the rear subframe, changed the fork oil, brake pads, coolant and oil. I also installed speed bleeders front and rear. Lubed the drive line and installed new steering head bearings. She’s finally back together and ready to ride!

I have gone full retard
Primer:
After a few short, around the block trip, i think am good to start taking my bike to work, had gone a total 12 miles and fully died, stuck in 5th gear in the pitch blackness in the morning.
20221020_062521.jpg

While waiting, I center stand it and fiddle with the rear wheel and shifter to get back into neutral. After waiting 2 hours for AAA to show up and take my ass home. I toss the bike on the charger so it has some power so when i get home so i can see what i did wrong and race off to work.
20221020_082428.jpg

Come to find out when i got home, I didn't fully seat the stator connector to the rectifier / regulator module and I had been running solely on the battery till it completely died.🥴

I have gone full retard
Primer:
After a few short, around the block trip, i think am good to start taking my bike to work, had gone a total 12 miles and fully died, stuck in 5th gear in the pitch blackness in the morning.
View attachment 2909

While waiting, I center stand it and fiddle with the rear wheel and shifter to get back into neutral. After waiting 2 hours for AAA to show up and take my ass home. I toss the bike on the charger so it has some power so when i get home so i can see what i did wrong and race off to work.
View attachment 2911

Come to find out when i got home, I didn't fully seat the stator connector to the rectifier / regulator module and I had been running solely on the battery till it completely died.🥴
At least it was an easy (and cheap) fix. I am surprised you didn't notice headlights getting dimmer as you rode - especially since it was pre-dawn.

Actually yesterday but I decided to put her into her winter storage. A little premature but I haven't been riding as much and looks like the weather is going get lousy so got in a little last ride, about an hour and a half, put in my seafoam, topped off the tank, rode to my brother in law's garage, plugged in the tender and put on the cover. Every year I regret not having a garage of my own so I could get in a ride on those occasionally nice winter days but he's far enough away that it just doesn't seem to work out for me to run over and take the bike out. Can't wait for Spring.
:D

Yesterday I almost hit a deer at 60mph. I got slowed down just enough to miss her. There would have been a collision without hard braking. The deer was an adult doe. Would have been ugly.

Took my youngest out for his first ride on the "streets" today. He's been riding dirt bikes & atv's for years, but just got his m/c license a week ago. I found him a 2013 CBR500R that is a very clean, bone stock bike with 7700 miles on it.

We spent 4 1/2 hours on back roads, in-town traffic, and highways, etc. I wanted to give him a wide range of situations to ride in. Unfortunately we got caught in a torrential Florida downpour (for about 30 minutes) near the end of our ride back home. He came through with flying colors! Paid attention to all my directions/tips/hints and strategies and we got home completely soaked but with a good story to tell his mom..... now for more practice, practice, practice!

Last edited:
Pulled off the front and rear wheels as I have new Michelin PR4GT tires ready to be installed next week.
Got over 11,000 miles on the current set of tires riding a mixture of curvy backroads and highway droning on trips.

Pulled off the front and rear wheels

I hope to do both tires tomorrow or the next day. Update ... Done in a buddy's garage in 2-3 hours. No Mar is good, Friend who helps run it is PRICELESS!!! Thanks Cookie!!!

I got 2 trips to and thru Arkansas for 6k miles, and I barely got home. PR4 GTs don't last very long on AR roads. I guess nothing does.

Last edited:
Well, still waiting to get the new tires mounted on the wheels. The week at work was hectic and my 2015 Chev Tahoe with 225,000 miles decided to finally munch the original transmission…..
Nobody in my hometown mounts M/C tires, so they have to go to Fresno or Visalia to be mounted.
Biknflyfisher

Engine oil and filter, final drive oil. Adjusted tire pressures. Next up brake and clutch fluid. Also while I was inspecting the bike I noticed a couple of cracked reflectors. Right side pannier which I knew about, just never got around to replacing and rear fender under the license plate which I have no idea how that happened. Possibly at my brother in law's over the winter. Anyone have any spares or a line on any??
:shock:

Flushed the brake fluid and the clutch fluid. Wasn't that bad. Not the black goo I was expecting. Toughest part was fiddling with the plastic. I also took off the bags, trunk and pillion seat and switched over to the Smuggler. Was buttoning everything up when the sky decided to open up. I just got the cover on when the cats and dogs started coming down. Sux not having a garage to work in. It's always too hot, too cold, too wet. Gotta finish what you start cause you can't leave anything laying around. Guess next I'll have to give her a good cleaning.
:D

Picked up my wheels yesterday with the new Michelins mounted up, and also picked up 4qrts of Yamalube GPspec 10w-40 synthetic oil. My tranny really likes that stuff for some reason…..
Work will be done on Saturday…….