What Did You Get for Christmas?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a hummingbird swing, really, a swing for hummingbirds to sit on while waiting to take a drink of hummer water. guess now I have everything

a man could possibly want or need.

A healthy 21 month old grandson. After a week of unexplained high fevers, some siezures and time in the hospital, Jack is back to his normal self....

IMG_2525_zpsl1yfk1pz.jpg

This is what can happen when you try to eat French toast without your hands.....

Last edited by a moderator:
A T-shirt from the famous Wyoming watering hole.

IMG_1157.jpg

Two LPs: Alabama Shakes and the Roots, in response to my annual request to sons and daughters-in-law for new music that THEY listen to. I'm trying to slow the aging process.

Besides all the trinkets and some more FJR farkles? All 4 of our kids made it in plus the 2 grand kids. Life is good!

I bought myself a Olympia renegade mesh jacket. With a foot of snow on the ground it may hang around for a while. After getting momma a new car, there wasn't much under the tree. But no bills either, all good.

I got fun little stuff. I believe Christmas for adults is stupid. I have a job, so if I want something, I buy it. However, kids are a whole different story. I love the kids having fun, and I like the gifts they give. My oldest daughter gave me a drawing she did in an envelope she made. Her note brought tears to my eyes. The little ones also gave hand made stuff that was simply awesome. Seeing as how this year included new wedding rings and motorcycles the wife and I agreed to go easy. It was great though.

Heated gear. Bottoms only for now. Penske shock. New waterproof gloves. Fresh set of tires already on. All courtesy of my poker fund. Worst part was having to pay the wife to write a check for the shock. It allowed her to know how much stuff costs. Old shock is already off and new one should be here Monday. One more week of Christmas break to get ready.

Heated gear. Bottoms only for now. Penske shock. New waterproof gloves. Fresh set of tires already on. All courtesy of my poker fund. Worst part was having to pay the wife to write a check for the shock. It allowed her to know how much stuff costs. Old shock is already off and new one should be here Monday. One more week of Christmas break to get ready.
That shock will pay for itself after the first ride. I'm surprised Fairlaner didn't take Paypal with friends & family or you pay the fee. While you have the shock off, you can lube the rear 2 joints on the relay arm. Just push out the collar, and push some grease in there. The bearings are in a waxy cage that breaks apart pretty easy. I removed one set and set them back in without that funky race, but it's easiest just to push in clean grease and make sure the tubes are in good shape.

Clothes from my new lady friend, wine from my son and I just bought myself a PS4, lol. Gave many presents to my Grandchildren, Son and friends. Being single is better than I thought it would be, lol.

I went for a 100 mile ride, and picked up a pair of Olympia Recon pants at a bike dealer I'm currenty dickering with. Family dinner on Boxing Day and we don't do the gift exchange thing any more, but we spoil the kids.