What Did You Get for Christmas?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heated gear. Bottoms only for now. Penske shock. New waterproof gloves. Fresh set of tires already on. All courtesy of my poker fund. Worst part was having to pay the wife to write a check for the shock. It allowed her to know how much stuff costs. Old shock is already off and new one should be here Monday. One more week of Christmas break to get ready.
That shock will pay for itself after the first ride. I'm surprised Fairlaner didn't take Paypal with friends & family or you pay the fee. While you have the shock off, you can lube the rear 2 joints on the relay arm. Just push out the collar, and push some grease in there. The bearings are in a waxy cage that breaks apart pretty easy. I removed one set and set them back in without that funky race, but it's easiest just to push in clean grease and make sure the tubes are in good shape.
The disassembly was exactly like the tech page said. Even the surface corrosion on the bottom bolt looked identical. I am going to follow the steps exactly you and they suggest. Fairlaner was cool with the price, so I didn't mind doing anything he asked!!

I have been reading up on setting shocks up. I clearly know that I don't know enough about shocks after reading some of the set up instructions.

Neighbors exchanged baked goodies. And I made this washer/dryer pedestal for my wife.
smile.png
With help from our holiday guests, we hauled this stand into the laundry room.

thumb_IMG_1692_1024.jpg

Was surprised with a naughty calendar - 12 months of sexy pics of my girl, professionally done with guns and bikes
smile.png

Also got a couple cool shirts from a buddy of mine.... amongst various Star Wars things....

Totally don't care about getting anything, much nicer to give for me....

Recycle Jihadi's - and a Die Hard t-shirt (my Buddy's Designs) https://teespring.com/stores/tacsoup

front.png
back.png
front.png

As well as spending some great time with loved ones.....

If you enjoy guns and the gun industry, stop by his page, pokes fun of all the derpy tactical fools....

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=tacsoup

Last edited by a moderator:
In form of type of payment, as is either PayPal or personal check!! Wheaty, what you insinuated is way wrong!! Fairlaner is a Britt, he doesn't have a sick, twisted mind like you Irish. We Brits are way more sophisticated than that!!

This thread is swirling the drain now!! Lol.

Already many years ago we've agreed among adults that we do not make any gifts, takes a lot of stress away from christmas preps. But of course we have them for our children. And they arrange something also for us. So I got a ski waxing stand. The only small problem: there is no snow in sight for time being... And too cold to ride a bike

In form of type of payment, as is either PayPal or personal check!! Wheaty, what you insinuated is way wrong!!
I think thou dost protest too much. I'm not Irish, but since beemerdons was Irish, I will consider that a compliment.

It's going to take more than this to make a whole thread on Christmas gifts go down the drain. BTW, I got the gift of humor for Christmas this year...I try to renew it now and then, I'll admit that sometimes it doesn't take....and the gift of sarcasm comes spilling out.

In form of type of payment, as is either PayPal or personal check!! Wheaty, what you insinuated is way wrong!!
I think thou dost protest too much. I'm not Irish, but since beemerdons was Irish, I will consider that a compliment.

It's going to take more than this to make a whole thread on Christmas gifts go down the drain. BTW, I got the gift of humor for Christmas this year...I try to renew it now and then, I'll admit that sometimes it doesn't take....and the gift of sarcasm comes spilling out.
rolleyes.gif

I think thou dost protest too much. I'm not Irish, but since beemerdons was Irish, I will consider that a compliment.It's going to take more than this to make a whole thread on Christmas gifts go down the drain. BTW, I got the gift of humor for Christmas this year...I try to renew it now and then, I'll admit that sometimes it doesn't take....and the gift of sarcasm comes spilling out.
I knew you were being funny. I teach in a junior high and have 2 teenagers, nothing and I mean NOTHING said at our house does not get scrutinized for inappropriateness. It is either a gift or a burden to be so juvenile at our house. Everyone is Irish in honor of Don!!

I got a spot gen 3 tracker.

And with that, my parents got a little more peace of mind about me gallivanting around the country alone and meeting random men (and a few women) from the internet. lol
bye.gif

EE28A574-BE19-4B85-BFD5-DB90E58E9D7E_zpsp1gifops.jpg

I'm glad to read that so many other folks have come to the same conclusions with their winter Holiday gift giving as us. Exchanging presents is really more of a business deal, with expectations set for us by the greedy merchants, than any gift. A gift is something that you give with no expectation or desire of reciprocity.

Several years ago we called a truce on the gift exchanging with our 3 adult children, but of course we still get gifts for the grand kids who are still young enough to believe in Santa. None of us are particularly rich. They have a hard enough time making ends meet in these modern economic times, so the last thing they need is to have to try to spend their hard earned money buying us presents.

The one thing that we do ask of them is to try to make it home for Christmas every other year (they have to split years with their in-laws). This was "our year" so they were all at our place on Christmas Day. It was one of the Merriest in my memory.

The weather was freakishly warm, so I cooked our big pork loin roast out on the gas grille on our deck while we enjoyed our adult beverages, and we had a fabulous dinner with all the fixin's. We now treat Christmas like we do Thanksgiving, just with different decorations, and a few new toys for the little ones. The reduced stress on everyone, not having to shop for each other, go out beforehand and brave the hoards at the local mall, or deal with any post holiday bills, makes the holidays so much better for us.

I wish you all the same.

I went to install the new shock today...it looks too big. My wife picked it out for me.

402BA577-9439-4C83-8018-82692855E052.jpg

It goes on the inside, gets in the way of the read brake pedal where u have it now!!

You are welcome, Let me know if you need any more tech advice. I am just watching football!

For Christmas (actually it was the 28th) I got my hernia repaired. WooHoo! Feel like I've been stabbed 3 times. Really, just how much more romantical can you get?

Christmas day was a nice get-together and a pot luck lunch with family and Sunday was lunch with extended family. It was nice, some folks I haven't seen in several yrs. We long ago set aside the gift giving except for the kids.

Latest posts