What do you guys think of this?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSR1/FJR

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto!
Reaction score
Had a PUIG before and liked it alot, but needed more wind protection since my neck surgery (had trouble getting in behind the PUIG, let alone the stocker!). Not sure on the look of it though. What do you guys think about it? Give me your thought's on it.

P2080954.jpg

P2080953.jpg

P2080952.jpg

I think it REALLY looks GREAT!

Makes me want a new R1. :angry:

My dealer has one of the anniversary edition Yellow and Black ones on the floor but I will probably hold out for a new FZ1 or FJR someday.

BTW, how is the R1 for short 2 up rides?

Roger B

My dealer has one of the anniversary edition Yellow and Black ones on the floor but I will probably hold out for a new FZ1 or FJR someday.

Roger B
It's not! That's why I have the FJR! Actually, it's not that bad, for me anyways! lol The wife loves the FJR though. When we're 2 up, I do too! They're both great bike in their own right!

I think it makes it look like a Jet, I likes...

RTSR1/FJR,

Looks great. Especially the tint against that great red color of the bike.

But how does it work? Since you didn't suggest any problems, I'm assuming it works as expected, but where do you see the advantages/disadvantages over the stock screen - freeway speeds, tucked-in at the track, affect on buffeting, etc?

RTSR1/FJR,
Looks great. Especially the tint against that great red color of the bike.

But how does it work? Since you didn't suggest any problems, I'm assuming it works as expected, but where do you see the advantages/disadvantages over the stock screen - freeway speeds, tucked-in at the track, affect on buffeting, etc?
All the above! Definately gives better protection everywhere, not FJR protection, but for an R1, pretty good! I had a corpectomy 14 mo. ago (3 disks removed and 4 vert. fused with a strut graf and plate). Old racing injury and old age. Couldn't get tucked in anymore, even with the PUIG screen I had. This MRA allows me to get in the bubble again, so for me, it's a big improvement! Buffeting is improved also.

it looks too bulky, but then again am sure it makes one hell of a difference compared to the puig. i have a puig on my 03 R1, and can say that it does not offer that much of a bubble.

Roger B
My R-1 sucks for riding double.

The passenger peg placements a JOKE.

I really like the new screen!

I like it a lot. One of the things I don't like about most sport bikes is the tiny windscreen. Funny, I used to ride naked bikes and detested fairings and windscreens. My previous bike came with an aftermarket windscreen and the first thing I did was take it off. Now I'm complaining about the small ones on sport bikes. Guess I'm spoiled from the FJR.

The last picture makes it look like it was designed that way from the factory. The other angles look fine to me too. Bottom line is this: if people don't like your screen, it doesn't change the fact that it's an R1. If we're so caught up in image, we can go customize HDs :lol:

I'll echo most of the posts above... it looks quite nice. Very fighter canopy-ish...