What do you prefer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nando

Reaction score
Just wondering what tires everybody perfers and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Nando,

Sorry for the crap we're givvin ya - but it's been a while since that question got asked.

Here's a link for ya - Tire Search

There aren't a whole lot of tires out there that are designed for the FJR - but they're all pretty much covered in these posts. There's only 9 pages of results - so you might have to wade through them a bit.

Personally, my 06 came with BT020's, I'm now on my second set of Pilot Roads, and I have a set of Storms in the garage waiting in queue.

However - I still prefer round ones with air in them - and like Vecter says, black is cool to. :rolleyes:

Hey - Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
(kneeling)....grant me the strength to turn the other cheek. May I move to NEPRT without malice or judgement. May they find a tire that wears 8,000+ miles without cupping and balances with less than 10 grams of weight. May they never have to choose whether to plug or replace. May they not have to pay for shipping when returning a bad Avon to SWMoto. And may they find their own personal magic pressure.

These things I ask for. Serenity now. :hyper:

(kneeling)....grant me the strength to turn the other cheek. May I move to NEPRT without malice or judgement. May they find a tire that wears 8,000+ miles without cupping and balances with less than 10 grams of weight. May they never have to choose whether to plug or replace. May they not have to pay for shipping when returning a bad Avon to SWMoto. And may they find their own personal magic pressure.
These things I ask for. Serenity now. :hyper:
Take a deeeep breath - let it out slow.....

Ooommmmmmmmmm..................................

Perfer?!

I thought it was just a brain-fart in the title, but it wasn't.....

I'll bet he actually pronounces it like that: "Per-fer."

It's kinda like the difference between preform and perform.....or, blub and bulb. Only the finicky notice such things. It's one way us casual folk single out you anal bastages.

Nando...oh Nando...come back Nando [tune of Bingo] - "n a n d o, n a n d o, and nando was his name." Guess, not enough pre-lurk.

OK, back to topic. What was it? Oh yeah. Me speakum white man talk, me sayum hi, you sayum hi back. Me sayum Avon Storms.

Nando, welcome to the forum. You got some questions on your welcome thread needing answers....he must be riding. :)