What Else Can I Do To My FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you not see my warning?

And we know this how? Not by the board home page I'm reading...
There are informants among us. :alien:

I actually pay this informant fairly well, He is a little green man who got this information the last time he was "probing" MSC. He actually mind controlled Scab to stab himself. I (he) could tell you how a truck in West Virgini "popped" out of gear. TWN is next :rolleyes:
Glad you're OK. And the damage is only cosmetic (to match the owner :rolleyes: )

That is one sick way of trying to rationalize putting miles on the weejer.

Insurance ?
Hey! Who you calling an "informant?" I ain't no "informant!"

Today's update on my owwies... I'm pretty sure a cracked a rib or two and something is amiss in my right shoulder. I think it's mostly bruising, but I'll be off to get some X-rays shortly. Dr. Daniels tried, but his prescription didn't work too well. Ouch.
Come on rookie, aint' you ever been busted up before? Vodaka + Vicodin = Vodkain... :rolleyes: Guranteed to get you back riding waaay before you should... :unsure:

Heal quickly, TWN. Glad you didn't damage your source of pithy comments and pseudo-feuds. Next time you want to scrape a peg, maybe lower the preload on your rear shock and find a bumpy road :secret: ... As always, thanks for the info, sorry it cost you more than the price of a farkle this time - been guilty of the lost concentration thing myself - hopefully my reflecting on your incident can help hold off one of my own (I know, that was the point of the thread - Thanks).

Driving, not riding. Did a 12.5 mph endo in a Chevette circle track car. They don't steer so good missing a center link and a left wheel/knuckle assembly.
There. Now we're being accurate. :grin:
Hey, were you two in a series of movies called "Grumpy Old Men"??

-BD

No,

They were in a movie called Broke Back Mountain. :blink: :p
Oh, you fuckers! Stop making me laugh! It friggin' hurts!

Today's update on my owwies... I'm pretty sure a cracked a rib or two and something is amiss in my right shoulder. I think it's mostly bruising, but I'll be off to get some X-rays shortly. Dr. Daniels tried, but his prescription didn't work too well. Ouch.
Come on rookie, aint' you ever been busted up before? Vodaka + Vicodin = Vodkain... :rolleyes: Guranteed to get you back riding waaay before you should... :unsure:

Yep, I'm a rookie and a wuss when it comes to injury and pain (unless we're talking about whips and cuffs and a scantly clad leather and mesh type dominatrix). The good news is that ain't nuttin' busted or twisted. Just wickedly bruised, sez the docette. I sneezed a while ago and it brought the neighbor lady running - she thought I was having a heart attack! :blink:

To hear that you have made a mistake and lost, really gets one to start thinking about all the near misses and how so easily those near misses could have been a disaster instead. This is a real wake up call for me and probably the rest of us on the forum. Thanks for sharing this with us and I am glad to hear that it was your bike that took the worst blows instead of you.
Sorry to hear of your mishap, TWN. Heal well and fast.

...and thanks for swallowing your pride by posting the mishap - it is a needed reminder for us.

Len

Thanks all for your support, well wishes, concern and, um, ribbing (pun intended)! :good:

Update: 0830 hrs. today, the docette called to add that the radiologist found, upon further review of my nekkidized bones, two broken ribs an a partial collapse of the right lung. I'm now scheduled to see the surgeon at 1230 hrs today. Oh, joy.

Needless to say, the SO, who I had to have help me put on my socks today, is less than thrilled about this little turn of events. I'm getting the evil eye treatment... Oh, joy, part deux.

Stay tuned to the further adventures of TWN in, As The Nuthouse Turns. Sponsored in part by California Blue Cross and Famous Ojai Dirt.

<_<

I see a chest tube in your future. Russ, who you met at our Solvang museum ride knows a lot about that. He won two of them last year after some off-road riding.

Be nice to your nurse, and enjoy the pain meds. Get well soon.

Jill

Twn, I'm just now seeing this thread. Sorry about the unexpected get off. It'll tkae alot of work to repaint that. Or maybe new tupperware would be cheaper. Anyway I'm glad there was no blood or broken bones involved.

Glenn

Tim, just caught up on this thread. Glad you are walking and able to share about it. Good info. Wishing you the fastest possible recovery. Sorry I did not catch this situation until now.

Ouch & major suckitude (no chest tube puns intended). Before they put you under, be sure to ask the surgeon where s/he ranked in her/his graduating class. Also, be sure to wait until AFTER the surgery before giving anyone the bird.

Get out of pain and into good health soon.

Thanks all for your support, well wishes, concern and, um, ribbing (pun intended)! :good:

Update: 0830 hrs. today, the docette called to add that the radiologist found, upon further review of my nekkidized bones, two broken ribs an a partial collapse of the right lung. I'm now scheduled to see the surgeon at 1230 hrs today. Oh, joy.

Needless to say, the SO, who I had to have help me put on my socks today, is less than thrilled about this little turn of events. I'm getting the evil eye treatment... Oh, joy, part deux.

Stay tuned to the further adventures of TWN in, As The Nuthouse Turns. Sponsored in part by California Blue Cross and Famous Ojai Dirt.

<_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man. We were hoping for better news, not worse.

Been there with the broken ribs. Laughing won't be fun for awhile. Stay away from the joke threads. And my sympathy the first time you sneeze. The lung thing sounds scarier, though. I hope you don't need a tube.

Take the time to rest and heal. It's not like you have to race against the end-of-the-riding-season in your neck o' the woods.

That's not good. Let us know how things progress (like there's a chance you might not!) :fuck:

Look on the bright side. There could have been an oncoming car at the point where you had your unscheduled lane change. After that, it's all a blessing!
smile.gif

Damn dude what a matter with you... you should have let me no about the ride... Can you imagine the movie we could have made :yahoo: these guys would have paid to see you go down.....Tim, seriously though glad your ok, glad to hear you got back on a pony to finish the ride....

Jdog

Major suckage! Evidently one of your broken ribs puncutred the lung. BTDT, IF you are a "hairy beast", have them shave you before they do the chest tube. It is extremely not fun when they go to pull the tape from your bo-dy. Man, talk about adding injury to insult.

Today I was thinking about the feelings we go through when we crash our "skoots".

First, the denial...this isn't happening, there is no reason for this to happen, why is this happening.

Second, the acceptance...I'm going down, look at the bike sliding, this is AT LEAST going to hurt my wallet, dang...what could or should I have done differently, maybe I can still ride-it-out.

Road..dirt..sky..dirt..#*&@$%!

Third, the examination...well, it isn't soooo bad. At least its only the plastic parts...and the dread, realizing what we've just done to our beloved bike.

Fourth...retrospective thinking and reconstructing the known influences about "the crash".

NOW, (Fifth???) I read that you have to contend with worse injury than you thought. Tim, I'm so sorry to hear about this. It is no fun laying in a hospital bed and waiting for the tube to remove the accumulated fluid so that your lung will re-inflate. Be pro-active in your healing and do what the nurses tell you. When they tell you to "get vertical", i.e., sit up so the fluid will go to the bottom of your lungs and be suctioned out....do it. Take the meds so you can sleep.

Patty is just acting PO'd because she's upset at how close things could have been. Wellll, okay, she's PO'd...but she's thinking about how badly it could have turned out and she's worried because you've upset her "happy home and nesting" impulses. A few trinkets (diamonds, tennis bracelet, roses, rubies, earrings....you know, the usual "I'm sorry" gifts :unsure: ) could take care of the "attitude"..... :eek:

You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by a moderator: