What Goes Here (near shift-shaft)?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slardy

Reaction score
I was cleaning and reinstalling my shift linkage and I noticed this hole with shiny threads near the shift-shaft. I have searched FJR Parts online and my 2007 FJR service manual with out luck. What goes here?

Thanks

Slardy

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

HZR is correct, mounting point for YCC-S gear-change actuator.

(Previously talked about here.)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a nice, civil, way to respond to an innocent inquiry that has been covered before.

WHAT?? I'm not one of the ones that goes all nuts when someone asks a FAQ. Now, unlike others, I do believe there are stupid questions. Those sometimes get my attention. Slardy's question did was not one of those. We don't talk about that hole very often and I have no idea how one would search for answers to that without asking, so I thought it deserved a righteous answer.

Now, when some douche comes on here and asks, "Has anyone ever changed their oil?" well, that's just stupid and gets an appropriate response.

:fuck:

can't have an empty hole...I screwed a nice shiny socket head in there...6mm meebee?
I did the same thing
smile.png
, because even though I know (much more intimately than possibly any other A owner
fool.gif
) it is supposed to be empty every time I see it I get a cold shiver down my back about having "lost" some parts down the road somewhere. I guess this feeling will subside with time but having had the bike stripped down as much as it was I am still a bit touchy waiting for some bits to fall off.

Latest posts