What is a good price for 2012 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exvtx

Reaction score
I have a 2012 FJR with 800 +/- miles, perfect condition with exception of a couple rock chips on the mirrors. I love the bike, but I'm thinking about selling it due to no time to ride. What would be considered a fair price? Does anyone know of someone that might be interested? I have a couple of like new Shoei helmets and textile jackets I might sell with it.

Wow! wish I was in the market neighbor... would save a ton on shipping! Have you checked the market on cycle trader and compared?

Last edited by a moderator:
A good place to start is: https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/

Since the 2014 model was announced three days ago, you may have a couple factors to consider: your bike is now two model years old, and some potential buyers might be drawn to the new models - the 2013 with its Gen 3 upgrades or the 2014 with the added option of electronic suspension.

The other thing to keep in mind is that, for much of the country, the end of riding season is only a couple months away. Not always the "sellers market".

Your 2012 is the last year of the Gen 2, and a fine machine to be sure. I'm sure that, if it's priced competitively, buyers will recognize its value.

Best of success with the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys! I've decided to take your advice. I'm going to begin disassembling the bike this weekend and sell the parts for $1500. I'll post pics and prices later next week....... Just kidding.... Thanks for the link and thanks to "some" of you for your particularly "helpful" advice.

My friend paid 10,500 plus taxes for 2012 with 850 miles last December. Bought it from a large dealership in St Louis. No farkles. I thought he got a great deal.

Latest posts