What is the best year to buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at 2 2007's and a 2009.
Did you ever get a bike?

I had test ridden an '07 AE, '08 A, and '09 A. The throttle issue was not an issue for me since I came off a jetted FZR600 (talk about abrupt throttle response). I ended up a little over budget on an '09 as it was the cleanest, had <15K, and had several extras that turned out to be well worth the $$$.

Besides, black goes with everything.

J

SkooterG's 04 Garage Queen is for sale, and I'll bet $4000 would get it easy, but don't tell him I said so.
GEN 1's are the very best, I love my 2013 but I do miss Lucy Liu my 2003 a lot. Wheelies were so damn easy, power of the '03 would rip your arms off and Lucy Liu was just such a damn fine all around moto! Luckily, if my Buddy Bret Gross ever decides to sell "Lucille" I have first buyback rights. All of the really cool, amazingly handsome and totally virile Dudes like RadioHowie ride the GEN 1's! Here Guys, see for yourself:

DSC_2499.jpg

jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

All of the really cool, amazingly handsome and totally virile Dudes like RadioHowie ride the GEN 1's! Here Guys, see for yourself:

DSC_2499.jpg

jes' sayin' and nuff said, ese!

WHAT AN UGLY BASTARD!!
I don't know Howie. Reminds me of what I heard someone say about an ugly dog one time...

Awww! He's so ugly he's CUTE!

And as you know, a great personality means a lot...