What is wrong with you people?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
Reaction score
Exactly! What is wrong with you people? And I'm part of the problem. I don't often get on the forum anymore, in fact I don't ride much anymore. But for SoCal the last riding post was from July of 2020? Get real!

I'm not sure of my status for riding but I suspect it was due to my release to ride to work everyday and put on over 10k each year. After no more stress from work when I retired, in the last 5 years I've barley put on 500 miles on the FeeJ. What a dork! No one shows up anymore to the Long Beach MC show so I just stopped coordinating it. Thanks Wynotride, Andrea, and son, you guys always showed up.  SoCal has the best weather yet no one rides? I miss you guys and need to get out more.

Anyway a new day, a new exploration, and  a new time. Just ride and ride safe. Maybe in another 5 years I'll post some other stuff. 

We'll.. early spring Covid put an end to my big trip Moto bike plans. Then I decided to work a 90 day gig at cal poly. Then was offered a 60ish day gig at the nookie then..... but I AM riding almost every day, even if just commuting for best parking... 

I ran over a swollen raccoon the other day, in my Charger, screwed up the air dam...oh wait, I'm off topic...yeah, not riding as much now that I'm retired ????  no one rides anymore and it seems like I've been everywhere many times...but..the less I ride the more I miss it so things are picking up...

So that's what happened this year , Retired St. Patties day and so far I've only put on maybe 15-18% of the miles I did last year. When commuting to work, it seemed like the bike had autopilot to use longest Kurviger route home in less than three hours. It sure was a good way to decompress.....

Hey ya pussy, get out and ride damnit!    Don't like me calling you names?   Ride up here and kick my arse.  (after dinner and a few beverages first)

I'm pushing 10,000 miles since June.   Red Lodge on the S10, Idaho on the KLR, Minnesota on the Wing and last week Jarbidge Nv on the S10.  Covid?  Phuck that, I ain't stopping living because I'm afraid of dying.

Hey ya pussy, get out and ride damnit!    Don't like me calling you names?   Ride up here and kick my arse.  (after dinner and a few beverages first)

I'm pushing 10,000 miles since June.   Red Lodge on the S10, Idaho on the KLR, Minnesota on the Wing and last week Jarbidge Nv on the S10.  Covid?  Phuck that, I ain't stopping living because I'm afraid of dying.
You DO make a point. Per capita, we probably stand a far higher chance of getting dead riding our motorcycles than from COVID-19.  Everyone breathes, but not everyone rides.  But there is zero percent chance that I will ride less when I retire than while I'm working, alone or with a buddy.  I have (on multiple occasions) put in a 300 mile day by myself just to go get some really good gouda.  And both the ride and the cheese were magnificent.

I am a corona survivor and trust me everything changes after you recover only if you don't die. I'm tryin got fit in the myself in the normal routine and I am still unable to do it. 

Only did Red Lodge this year. Doing the care giver thing sure screws up riding plans. Supposed to snow this weekend so riding is probably done for the year. 2021 has to be better or I'm going to take over and fix it.😁

Thanks Doug, for a second I thought it was Barry! Been up to Lake Almanor numerous times this year, just not on a bike.

Sorry to hear of Covid be careful. Covid isn't keeping me from riding, like I said it's like I lost the love of it. Even now getting out the few times I do I've lost my edge and am semi paranoid as it's been so long since I've been out and about.

Maybe I'll stick on some training wheels soon and get on my big boy panties and take off somewhere.

It's not only about contracting the 'rona, you can by asymptomatic and pass it on. How would you feel if you introduced it into a small community that previously did not have or had very few cases? 

It's not only about contracting the 'rona, you can by asymptomatic and pass it on. How would you feel if you introduced it into a small community that previously did not have or had very few cases? 
Exactly.  My mother is 86, and still lives in her house.  Once or twice a week I go over and do a couple things for her.  I wear a mask, but still, I could be carrying the virus on my hands or clothes.  She has a leaky heart valve, so at her age, if she caught it, her odds of surviving are not good.  It would be a horrible ending to a wonderful life.

Mom passed a year ago August at 87 with COPD, sever kidney problems, etc., and was moved into a type A assisted living about 5 years ago and had to move to a type B place when it became clear she wouldn't be able to self-evacuate during a fire. I don't think she would have made it through all this mess.

I ride, ergo, I am like the Swollen Raccoon on the river bank of life watching the slip stream, then being the river. Therefore, today I ride! 

I will go to Deception Pass, WA and consider the world as the tidal stream sails through this cut, and think the original question "what's wrong".  Answer later tonight hopefully as a RR with pics.  I feel swollen with pride and freedom.

How would I know if I had no symptoms while in said community?     

I believe in herd immunity or else the human race would have disappeared long ago.

What about all the people lives ruined , divorces and suicides by our CA governors over reach.   Hong Kong flu was a nasty one (look at the numbers/ population) and we didn't shut down for that. 

Be a good lemming and stay home if  that's what makes you happy.

Rant over...for now.

Ride, you worked hard to have the time to do what the F*&k you want, so if riding is it, do it.  I'm in, or close to being in, the at-risk group, so I do my riding solo.  I take a picnic lunch and enjoy the freedom and solitude.  Do what is right for you, but I always feel better after a ride.

How would I know if I had no symptoms while in said community?
You couldn't. That's why, as a courtesy to others who may have pre-existing conditions, you put on a mask while around others.

I believe in herd immunity or else the human race would have disappeared long ago.
Herd immunity and anti-vaxers are in conflict about this right now. The % of infection/recovery have been hashed and rehashed with there being a concern than the % needed can't outstrip the virus' ability to spread without widespread vaccinations in the face of conspiracy theorists.

What about all the people lives ruined , divorces and suicides by our CA governors over reach.   Hong Kong flu was a nasty one (look at the numbers/ population) and we didn't shut down for that.
It's the perfectly-crafted no-win situation for an opposition party. Do something and get labeled a xenophobic racist. Do nothing and get labeled as an out-of-touch oligarch.

Be a good lemming and stay home if  that's what makes you happy.
Or, maybe, the coming-together approach would be, "Take your personal situation into consideration and be considerate to those you don't know who may be facing issues you are clueless about." You know, like riders are supposed to be considerate of other riders.