What length Beowulf to buy?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountainFJR

Reaction score
I am looking to put a pair of Beowulf's on my 04 and don't know exactly which combination I'm going to choose. Who here has them and did you go with the 450mm or 380mm. I think I like the stainless with carbon fiber tip but I haven't seen enough pics out there to decide. Also, any feedback on Beowulf would be greatly appreciated. Service, sound, performance, etc. Thanks, FNG

I have the 450's in all stainless, love the sound, fit and finish is excellent, so far, and they have the removable baffles/silencers, which don't seem to make a huge difference, but there is a bit, still a good option. Also the priceis excellent, hard to beat the value.

Short video of running down FJRBandit on the way to EOM last year. Shot with GoPro 2 with an external mic mounted behind the tag. Sounds better with headphones/earplugs. Beowulfs with the bafflels out. Excellent cans, look and fit good.

Video shows a major flaw with the GoPro, never shoot into the sun.

https://vimeo.com/57419680

It's income tax time so a set of Beowulf's are going on the V-Strom 1000 when the refund comes in. Whoo Hoo!

I am looking to put a pair of Beowulf's on my 04 and don't know exactly which combination I'm going to choose. Who here has them and did you go with the 450mm or 380mm. I think I like the stainless with carbon fiber tip but I haven't seen enough pics out there to decide. Also, any feedback on Beowulf would be greatly appreciated. Service, sound, performance, etc. Thanks, FNG
I have the 450mm carbon fiber Beowulf cans. They look and sound amazing; you will not be disappointed.

Thanks guys. I'm going with the 450mm stainless with carbon fiber tips. I'll put some pics on when I get done. Anybody run a Power Commander with the Beowulfs?