What new bike would you buy...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
OK, here's the scenario. You just found a big load of money that was hidden in the walls of your house. It clearly belongs to you no strings attached. Your wife says: "What the heck, spend it any way you want honey!!"

What new bike would you buy? Money is no object. You can keep whatever bikes you have now because you're so damn rich.

What would it be?

KTM 990 Adventure S.

I want a dual sport that's more for the dirt than the street.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't explain it, but I want a K1200S (w/out the "issues," thank you)

Scab wants one of these so he can feel like he's always stickin' it to da man.

Can't explain it, but I want a K1200S (w/out the "issues," thank you)
Scab wants one of these so he can feel like he's always stickin' it to da man.
I've always had a soft spot for the K1200RS. I think the more modern BMWs are too angular and just ugly. Even the K1200GT was better looking in it's first incarnation.

But Scab's dream bike... yeah. That one is a looker.

Just one is tough, but I think it would have to be something absolutely outrageous, just because I could.....

My short list:

MV Augusta F4 race spec bike

one of those turbine bikes that Leno owns?

A custom bobber from Exile Cycles floats my boat too, though.

Too many...........

Isn't it summer yet? When I dream bout daydreamin' it includes scantily clad women and fancy summer drinks with umbrellas covering them.

Responded before I looked up the link, but I fell in love with the idea of a turbine powered bike ever since I saw Jay Leno's on some tv show. Give or take a 100,000.00 bike but really cool concept. You did not stipulate practical. :D

Here is it:

https://marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp