What new bike would you buy...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd put it in certificates of deposit and wait for the new V-Max to appear.

OK, here's the scenario. You just found a big load of money that was hidden in the walls of your house. It clearly belongs to you no strings attached. Your wife says: "What the heck, spend it any way you want honey!!"
What new bike would you buy? Money is no object. You can keep whatever bikes you have now because you're so damn rich.

What would it be?

My picks are all already posted here with pics.

Get to keep the FJR, so

1. 1098S (black for me)

2. RC8 is 2nd cause I don't think it is actually on the floor yet. It is haught thou...

If it had to be a one bike gararge,

3. ZX-14 dripping with aftermarket titanium exhaust, magnesium wheels, and lots of CF.

Just imagine the big ninja after loosing 60 lbs at Jenny Craig. Ya, sign me up for one of those!

Although not technically a bike, (it is registered as a motorcycle, though) I would love a T-Rex. Impractical as one can get, but would love to throw it through some good curvey roads. If I had to choose a bike, I would go to the other end of the impractical spectrum, a Sabertooth V8 Cycle. Sat on one at the NY Cycle show. Awesome bike.

JB:I gotta admit to likin' the looks of that Duece too. Too bad it's got an antique air compressor for a motor!
Make me an offer - it's for sale

IMG_0929.jpg

OK, so the leading, sexiest nominations are for the Augusta or the new Vincent. I must admit I've always had a hard-on for the old Vincents, but the new one... is it as good? Any FHE?

Augusta... has it all. Heritage. Extremism. Unobtainiumism. yeah...

But it sure looks wicked uncomfortable from here.

I'd settle for Dale's Busa or a really pristine blackbird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aprilia Litre Bike About the time I bought my FJR, I saw a customized Aprilia, all carbon-fibre, exhaust thru the fender, and polished wheels. Most beautiful thing I ever saw, except for a lady in the buff.

I saw one when I was a young lad, a Ariel Square Four! Years later, I saw one in Sturgis [when you could still stay in the city camp grounds] and it still made my heart beat.

When I was in high school, my best friend had a cousin that was collecting cycles. He had an Ariel square 4 among others. My buddy managed to finagle a Velocette 500cc single of some sort out of him and brought that home as a resto project. That was a weird looking fish of a bike. But pretty cool. The Ariel, I never saw after restoration.

OK I know, I suck! Sorry about it beeing a 3 wheeler!

https://www.t-rexvehicles.com/

I have always lusted for one of these as soon as I discovered that they can accommodate dual GIVI E-52 hard luggage as outriggers to the rear tire. Plus + the "misses" could ride along in a full seat next to me! :clapping:

How about that eh?

Fine selection there dude!

But for some reason this caught my eye at the dealer.... (did somebody ask for something orange?)

ph_b01.jpg

1166810987_92759415bd.jpg

1167678472_a0a1ce0ace.jpg

prefer the orange, but they come in green & red (and blue, but from another aftermarket type company)

1513173553_ac5f8ed2a0.jpg

giddyup!

I will absolutely keep my FJR :) , but I will be adding one of these this summer to my stable. :yahoo:

wall_fxdf_fatbob.jpg

The Fat Bob will look better and fit in better here next summer than the FJR did last summer. :lol:

Summerof2007186.jpg

I will absolutely keep my FJR :) , but I will be adding one of these this summer to my stable. :yahoo:
The Fat Bob will look better and fit in better here next summer than the FJR did last summer. :lol:
Ah, peer pressure. The main selling feature of choppers everywhere.

So, you work at OCC during the summer?

Why is their building for sale? Things not working out without Vinnie?

Ah, peer pressure. The main selling feature of choppers everywhere.

So, you work at OCC during the summer?

Why is their building for sale? Things not working out without Vinnie?
I don't work there. I'm just a fan of the show that lives 45 minutes away. I rode up to see the building in person.

The building is for sale because they are moving into their new building this summer. It is very large impressive facility a few miles down the road from the currant shop. It will have a large retail store and show room that will have many of the bikes made on the show on display. Fans will also be able to see the manufacturing area from a balcony looking down into the shop.

I was just up at the store last weekend with my son. We saw the Eragon movie bike they made as well as many others. The Eragon bike looked absolutely awesome and the many others there also looked very good. I would love to be able to buy any of them. :)