What other bike did you have right before the FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of rider would you self-identify yourself as primarily today?

• ADV or dual sport rider

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I came directly from a BMW R1150RT. Still have a BMW R75/6, which I am currently riding while Yamaha sorts out a problem. Previously had various Kaw, HD, and Hondas. When I'm in town, I ride almost every day, and unless I have to haul something or I'm traveling in a work vehicle, it's on the FJR, as it was for the bikes that preceeded it. Be it an errand to the corner, commutes, a joy ride, or long distance travel, I use a bike for that unless I just can't. I like my truck, I just prefer two wheeled travel. Why else would a guy resort to riding a 40 year old flat twin every day while his shiny FJR is in the shop. A smart person would just take the truck. A dim bulb would instead do a 20 point check on the museum exhibit (immediately upon returning from dropoff at the Yamaha dealer), and start riding it every day. Still fun. If they don't hurry up and get the FJR back my head is going to explode though.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a long list of sportbikes, I had this hotness...

IMG_1654_zpsc96e451e.jpg

Then I plowed it into the side of a car that pulled out in front of me. Considered an FJR that was for sale locally, till a seller sent me pictures of this he had for sale. I'm kinda partial to the color scheme and he hooked me.

DSCN0235_zps32ab4d64.jpg

I kept thinking about the FJR though, still wanted to do more touring though, but didn't want to give up the performance. On an Arkansas trip with the FZ1OA, this guy was there and was impatient with our group's pace, and thus passed me and the lead rider.

IMG_6901.jpg

I passed the lead rider and chased him down. I had to work hard and if not for the intervention of a slow moving pickup truck through the twisties I'm not sure I could have caught him. He saw the yellow in his mirror and rolled on hard and off we went. I realized then and there that the limiting factor was the rider and an FJR would not hold me back at all.

I've teased him about the amount of money he cost me on that ride. He retaliated by taking more of my money and selling me his suspension. If my wife finds out it's one guy who cost me that much money total, he's in for it.
biggrin.png

I classified myself as other. I like to tour, and I commute on my FJR. But the garage has room for something sporty in it to get me back to the track and such. We'll see what the future holds.

FJR is my 3rd yamaha.

First was a virago, then a FZ6 S2 S, and since 3 years, the FJR.

I commute every day with it, and before have a children, we use it with my wife to go anyplace...