What time of year is it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Yesterday, 19F.

Tonight, 15 - 18 F is the low.

Today, layered up..

1. Long sleeve shirt
  2. Hi-tech thermals
  3. Vest with collar
  4. First Gear rain liner
  5. Twowheelnuts' non-venitilated jacket
  6. Long pants
  7. Cycleport inner rain gear

Talking about looking like Michelin Man!

...CycleGear is having a sale on 'First Gear' heated stuff - it's really Warm n' Safe gear.

I am about ready to capitulate...

Nothing like heater gear Don...it's time to give in! :)

--G

BTW -- Balmy 24F this morning when I left the house. Freezing fog and the roads are pretty slick in spots, else I'd been on the FJR!

I hit ice this AM on a bridge one the way in to work -

Wabs, bless her little 'light weight' heart is so much better than the 'porky' FJR..

Both ends sliding, flat-tracker foot out...

no problem..

Actually, kind of fun! ;)

Yep heated gear allows me to ride longer and pack lighter on longer trips. I suggest a full jacket, not the vest to keep the arms warm too.

When I got mine I wondered why I waiting so long.

Happy Holidays.

Heated gear is great. FYI the First Gear Warm N Safe 90 watt jacket is $179 at Cycle gear, and the Gen-4 jacket is $187 at WarmNSafe.com if you create a login and use the ADV or club affiliation. Similar savings on the wireless controller make this a no-brainer. Mike will support the equipment faster and better.

I had to turn the A/C on today. Warm front in from the gulf last night, temps in the 70s, sunlight warming the house. really muggy inside, too!

Just a few days after whining about the giant FREEZE WARNING last week!

I'm currently waiting for an opportunity to get further up the list in the Coldest Ride Contest..... rules are you have to ride at least 10 miles, take a picture of your thermometer with your bike and post it up to stay in the top 10. I'm sitting at #10 with a 28.4F (-2C) as it hasn't got cold enough in the Great White North to get me further up the list, nor is it white. There is a tie for first at 14F. BTW, love my Warm & Safe stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently waiting for an opportunity to get further up the list in the Coldest Ride Contest..... rules are you have to ride at least 10 miles, take a picture of your thermometer with your bike and post it up to stay in the top 10. I'm sitting at #10 with a 28.4F (-2C) as it hasn't got cold enough in the Great White North to get me further up the list, nor is it white. There is a tie for first at 14F. BTW, love my Warm & Safe stuff.
Dammit!! I woulda bumped you outta that #10 spot on my Southwest Adventure in October... 28 degrees at the summit of Hwy 12! Didn't know there was a contest... ;)

Dammit!! I woulda bumped you outta that #10 spot on my Southwest Adventure in October... 28 degrees at the summit of Hwy 12! Didn't know there was a contest... ;)
It's on another forum....... do you think the FJR geeks want a contest? If so, not hard to get it started.

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/todays//usa/arizona/chandler/id/usaz0034;jsessionid=1ACEAA365D7FEEF3D45B0C61C00145F4 The End of the World is Here! It got down to 28F here in Phoenix last night! We are all going to die!
Poor Papa Chuy!! Just do what we do up here.... put on a tee shirt!
I actually borrowed a snowmobile suit from my next door neighbor, he's from Minnesota. He said Minnesota is Ontario and Manitoba Canada's Riviera!

https://weather.aol.c...45B0C61C00145F4 The End of the World is Here! It got down to 28F here in Phoenix last night! We are all going to die!
Poor Papa Chuy!! Just do what we do up here.... put on a tee shirt!
Just getting around to putting away all the summer stuff here. Hi yesterday of 37.. I broke a sweat in my shorts and tee shirt.

To bad it was so wet or I'd have been shoeless :p

If I manage to get the bike painted before it warms up I wanna play the cold game. However not being too far north our occasional paltry 20 below might not be cold enough. ;)

I've done 19 miles to work in 16 degrees F, and I don't own any heated stuff. No big deal :p
pffft. I don't even suit up for 19 miles! :lol:
First Bullshitter on any thread on our FJR Forum doesn't stand a fecking chance in Hell! Good Work, Carver! I'm going out to rake my front gravel lawn (grass of choice in Phoenix!) in my borrowed snowmobile suit!

I just came in to the house from attempting to work in my front yard. Screw that, it is only 48F out there; it's only getting to 63F today, this Desert Rat Zonie cannot take this brutal fecking cold!

I want to be with Jessica Alba on the beach right now, drinking Mojitos and Cuba Libres!

jessica-alba-130_0.jpg