What to do in Minneapolis?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not2shabby

Reaction score
It's that time of year again, the wife's conference is in Minneaplolis and we're going out a few days early for a little R&R before she has to be at the convention center all week. We're leaving Frday morning and staying downtown. Flying in, so no bike to ride...wah! Any suggestions for stuff to do, see, eat would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--Vegetarians do not read any further!--

Fogo de Chao. (Fogo-day-chow) middle of the city; corner of Hennipen and 7th Ave. It's a Brazilian Steakhouse "meat-lovers paradise!"...

1a88d47532.jpg

Every-time I go to Minny for a Vikings game this is a "must stop" and one of the highlights of my trip (especially since my Vikes are tanking big-time!).

1. Go hungry, you will eat a lot!
2. Prepare all day for this meal, They make dinner into an event.
3. Don't fill up on the salad bar, its amazing w all the exotic offerings, but the meat is what you came for.
4. Be prepared for the best service you will ever get at a restaurant, teamwork at its best.
5. They redefine the tenderness of sirloin, how they can get it that tender is beyond me.
6. Pace yourself, you will be getting a rapid fire pace of delicious food thrown at you, go red if needed (flip the chip!).
7. Its worth the money, don't let the all inclusive price get you....ENJOY!!! I promise you will love it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fortunate enough to go to Fogo de Chao in Sao Paulo years ago. The first time they took us there it was for dinner and we had eaten a decent lunch earlier that day so I really didn't have 'room' to sample all the types of meat that came our way. Later in the week we skipped lunch and went back to Fogo for dinner and I maxxed out on it! Definitely had to use the chip (green side means keep coming with the selections, red side means, leave me be for a few minutes while I try to eat everything I've already put on my plate). It seemed as if I had just gotten one cut of meat when another selection appeared at the table! Definitely a real dining experience for a meat lover!!

Latest posts