What would you do?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash Cash

Reaction score
OK, so I'm sitting at the light, waiting to cross the road when it changes. There's a Cadillac in the turn lane to the left of me.

Light changes and we pull away. About halfway across the road (it's a wide 4-laner) I realize Mr. Cadillac isn't turning, he's still to the left of me, and about a bike length behind. I figure he's confused and going to pull into the restaurant at the corner.

No, he's not... Mr. Cadillac appears to be pouring on the coals. He's not making up any distance, but he ends up right on my ass. He can't pass because it's a curvy single-lane road so I speed up a little so I'm not holding him up. I'm doing my usual speed limit+10mph, so I'm going about 45.

HE PASSES ME ON THE BLIND CORNER and runs an oncoming pickup off the road! The truck makes a last second dodge and nearly eats a utility pole. So I got Mr. Cadillac's plate and went back to the truck, to see if the guy was ok. He was ok, and absolutely furious of course. Since I was a little calmer I borrowed his mobile and called 911, and they basically told me "fuck off, kid... ya bother me" - basically unless there's major bodily injury, they didn't give a damn.

(Fortunately, the pickup driver was an ex-Marine drill instructor and took about 5 minutes to tell the 911 operator where she could put her "can't help" attitude, lack of attention to duty, parentage, and about a dozen other things, without using a single profanity.)

I saw another guy get screwed because a van did a u-turn in front of him, and the guy ate a lamp pole dodging him. Even though I saw the whole thing from a restaurant window (too far away to get the plate) the cops basically told him he was wasting their time, and acted like they were going to ticket him for hitting the lamp post and bothering them.

One time my GS1100G had a bad charging system so I was pushing it through a parking lot at 2am. Two cops just cruised on by in their patrol car. No "do you need help?" or even "is that your bike?" - nothing. Not a damned thing.

I was driving home after the Superbowl a year ago, and this guy got out of the van in front of me and threatened to kick my ass. I have no idea why. His wife was shrieking at him to get back in the truck. It wasn't until I reached under my tank bag like I was reaching for a gun, did he back off. I called the non-emergency police number and got the usual "who cares?" - they didn't care if he was driving drunk or anything. I called 911 and they didn't care either.

So are all cops doughnut-munching losers with attitudes? Of all the experiences I've had with cops, none of them ever lifted a hand to help the situation, and none of my stolen anything has ever been recovered.

So should I just start packing a gun in my tankbag? It's like my grandfather said "you can get out of jail, but you can't get out of the morgue"

Last edited by a moderator:
So are all cops doughnut-munching losers with attitudes?

a resounding NO, and I'm not a cop saying that.

Seems a different standard in your world, but around here they are some of the most professional people, you would ever meet.

( I wasn't payed to say that)

There's a stretch of 23N that gets patroled all the time out here. One cop followed at so close a distance that I couldn't see his lights. He was just looking for something to get me for. I wasn't speeding or swerving and all my lights worked. When he gave up, he sped around me and cut me off obviously pissed that he couldn't get me.

I think cops are the lowest form of civil servant there is. They're never there to solve anything and they do nothing but harrass tax paying citizens. They have a liscense to steal your money, and if you let them, they will. They're in place to restore order but when there's no disorder to restore, they just turn on the citizens.

My advice? Stay the hell away from hospitals and cops. Don't drink and drive, make sure all your lights work and don't speed. I think of the streets as the pits. You get up to

speed as quikly as possible and don't go below it or above it. By much.

Never give a cop the satisfaction. Ever. Use them, don't let them use you.

A lot of cities have a number you can call to report drunk drivers and road rage. A call to one of these at least puts them on a list that pops up the next time they get stopped.

If someone's driving crazy, get the hell away from them and let them go on their way.

My 2¢

There's a stretch of 23N that gets patroled all the time out here. One cop followed at so close a distance that I couldn't see his lights. He was just looking for something to get me for. I wasn't speeding or swerving and all my lights worked. When he gave up, he sped around me and cut me off obviously pissed that he couldn't get me.
I think cops are the lowest form of civil servant there is. They're never there to solve anything and they do nothing but harrass tax paying citizens. They have a liscense to steal your money, and if you let them, they will. They're in place to restore order but when there's no disorder to restore, they just turn on the citizens.

My advice? Stay the hell away from hospitals and cops. Don't drink and drive, make sure all your lights work and don't speed. I think of the streets as the pits. You get up to

speed as quikly as possible and don't go below it or above it. By much.

Never give a cop the satisfaction. Ever. Use them, don't let them use you.

A lot of cities have a number you can call to report drunk drivers and road rage. A call to one of these at least puts them on a list that pops up the next time they get stopped.

If someone's driving crazy, get the hell away from them and let them go on their way.

My 2¢

WOW!!

Serously..?.?.?

Hahahahahah!!!!!!

SPALKIN... I hope no one actually takes your advice... Including yourself....

I wish, for your sake, that an authority figure would of helped you out the 1st time someone took your lunch money....

Look what has happened to your reality perception...

Please tell me your kidding??

WW :( :( :( :(

WHAT the hell kind of thread is this? :glare: Sorry 'bout your experiences...can't say they're mine at all.

Hmmm.. :glare: Maybe it's just the fact that I live in Smalltown, USA but all of the policemen I know are fantastic people who really care about the community. Now there are a few who do go out to basically harass the general populus it seems, but for the most part they are generous people. Unless you give them a reason to hassle you, you generally get left alone.

Weelllll, now....iffin yew think thet's sumpin, jist set yerseff down en listen to the stories Eye gots, cuz Eye bin savinem fer quiiiiite a spell en jist waitin' fer thuh rite thread tuh be started soes Eye kud join up....

Yew aint'a gunna b'lieve whut Eyes gots to say...butt afore Eye gits tuh goin on thems cops (er pigs, er whutever they er called nowadays) we gotta be tokkin 'bout them firemans en docters, lawyers en trucks drivers. Summa them 'lecktrishuns en teechers kin be a bit uppity en knot be adoin' there jobs tew gude, neither. Lets don't be fergettin them youn-yun werkers doin' a haff days werk fer a hole days pay, en thems uther city en county en state 'ployees. Don't be bye-passin them fed-rall peeple fer doin knot much while bein paid frum are taxed dollers. En then we gots tuh be branging up thems kids whoo be werking et fast fude playces. Et jist never stops!

Actually, it sounds to me like you must be a magnet for the 50% of the population who are idiots. The best advice is to stay away from them. You were witness to some bad behavior that could have been made worse (should there have been major injuries, etc.) and you did the right thing by checking on the victims.

I happen to know a few law enforcement professionals and I wouldn't have their jobs. The ones I know (and know of) seem like men and women of distinction and character and do their utmost to promote public safety and security. Yes, there may be a few glaring examples that leap to the forefront of any conversation began like this one, but I find they are far from the "norm".

Before you begin to paint their profession with the "broad brush" you carry, how about taking a hard look at those yo work with in your career field.

First: Regarding the opening post, would you please tell us the County and Strate in which this happened. Would you then enlighten us as to the standing policy as outlined by the people you elected? I.e.: What is the written policy as to when a uniformed policeman will visit the scene of a "purported" crime? What is the written policy as to researching a reported license number? What is thecounty's policy on answering "911 calls" and their priority? Don't you think it would be wise to have actual knowledge before assuming its the "bad" or "lazy" cops? Perhaps you should question the alderman or City Councilman you elected and have his office answer your questions.

Of course, the difficulty rating for gaining true and applicable knowledge about how YOUR city government works and how THEIR policies affect your personal peace and safety might open your eyes as to your lack of participation in the process.

I guess its easier to just bash the cops....

But not while I'm reading and responding! Take your hate speech and frustration to the proper channels. Please let us know what your local representative has to say bout the 911 operator's response and delineate for us what is the written policy for city police responses.

[SIZE=8pt]And for the record...I AM NOT a policeman and I've never played one on TV or in the movies.[/SIZE]

Some people (that's you Crash Cash and spalkin) need to get out and ride.

The cop bashing will stop.....right now. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.