what year starts gen 2 fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am wonderfing what years to look for and which to stay away from.

I believe 2006 was the start of what we now call Gen 2 ,we got a later fairing shape with a supposedly better screen and heat dispertion , slimmer tail section , longer swing arm. AE version awith ABS and heated grips, and a different dash board layout. Oh and I forgot taller gearing.

Depending on how much money you want to spend, You can't really go wrong with any of them when it comes to the model year.

But!!!!! The '06AE is the Best, Fastest, Prettiest, Smoothest, Most Comfortable, Sexiest, Most Durable, Most Powerful, Best Paint Job, Charismatic one of ALL!!!

Just sayin' :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on how much money you want to spend, You can't really go wrong with any of them when it comes to the model year.
But!!!!! The '06AE is the Best, Fastest, Prettiest, Smoothest, Most Comfortable, Sexiest, Most Durable, Best Paint Job, Charismatic one of ALL!!!

Can't argue with that!!!!

At the risk of incurring the wrath of others: knowing what I do about both gens (I`m on my 2nd), I would not consider anything b4 the `06 year model. Unless ofcourse, you like burnt toast and macarenas!!!! :assassin: Even so, there are a few issues with the 2nd gen that require attention, namely: bad ECU; bad ignition switch; noisy rattling front brake pads; loose rotors; and in my case, bad water pump seal. Never the less, its a great machine to ride and Yammi Canada has been great to deal with! <_<

At the risk of incurring the wrath of others: knowing what I do about both gens (I`m on my 2nd), I would not consider anything b4 the `06 year model. Unless ofcourse, you like burnt toast and macarenas!!!! :assassin: Even so, there are a few issues with the 2nd gen that require attention, namely: bad ECU; bad ignition switch; noisy rattling front brake pads; loose rotors; and in my case, bad water pump seal. Never the less, its a great machine to ride and Yammi Canada has been great to deal with! <_<
OH NO YOU DID NOT JUST GO THERE!!!

Put your Armor Suit on!! And Get Ready! :dwarf:

But!!!!! The '06AE is the Best, Fastest, Prettiest, Smoothest, Most Comfortable, Sexiest, Most Durable, Most Powerful, Best Paint Job, Charismatic one of ALL!!!

+1

My 2004 ABS model has only had the cam chain adjuster replaced. And I feel that was just "in case of"

Oh and @ 172,000kms it has many more kilometers left in it.

For the heat? at 145hp or so what wouldn't produce heat?