What's in YOUR ATGATT lineup?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Summer:

Joe Rocket Pheonix 5.0

Olympia air glide pants

Sidi onroad boots

Gloves.... Alpinestars, Helds etc...

FrogTogg Roads for rain

Shark RSI helmets

Heated liners and gloves for cold weather

Really Clold Winter riding:

Killi 4.0 with heated jacket liner

HT overpants with insulated liner and sometimes heated liners too

Held Steves or Heated gloves

Sidi onroad boots with thermal socks

Shark RSI helmet with moto type ski mask...

And my Ipod....

Shoei RF 1000

Frank Thomas "Rage" gloves

CyclePort UltraII air mesh jacket, with rain liner

CyclePort air mesh kevlar pant, with rain liner

I used the rain liners on our Canada adventure, rain on 10 of 14 days....no leaks!

Oxtar Matrix Boots

Elvex bifocal safety glasses I carry 2 pairs: dark for sunlight, clear for night.

Gerbing jacket liner, I even plug it in when the temps get low.

Assorted neck gators, balaclavas, to protect me from the wind in cold weather.

MiraCool reversible vest and MiraCool bandana for the heat in CA's central valley, desert riding, etc.

I've probably got more laying about in the closets, etc., but you get the idea of my "main" riding attire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoei TZ-R Stratum

Cortech GX Air 2 jacket

Cortech HRX 2 pants

HyperKewl vest

Joe Rocket Bullet boots

Tourmaster gloves

Jacket...Darien with wind bloc keatsu electric and full armor including back
Good call. I forgot about the back pad, it's been in there since day one with the Darien.

Some form of back protector is one of those things we all should use. Spine injuries are one of the scariest things I can think of to suffer in a moto accident. I'm only using the 'stich back pad, not a tougher, true armor, but it's always there.

I wear a variety of stuff but the most important bit of safety gear is between my two ears.

I keep reading posts in here that say things like I go through corners at 2 times posted speed plus 10 mph, or I was driving at .7 out of 1 in a corner. All I can think of is, hey I used to say shit like that boy was I a tard!

ATGATT should include the following thought, "I want to Live".

I have lots of good gear that I use at different times of the year but without the one above your just fooling yourself, yeah like your heads gong to be fine after bouncing down the road for 300 feet because your in an Acme' brand helmet and a firstscmear jacket with 1/4" thick foam armor!

Last I saw we were twenty times more likely to die for mile traveled than if we were in a car, and travel in a car is the most dangerous thing that most people do.

Doesn't anyone else here wear pantyhose sometimes? You know. ....For the warmth?
I thought this thread was about motorcycle gear, or do you mean that you wear pantyhose while riding? We know that you do some rather strange things.......... how about fishnet tights? or stockings with suspenders?

ATGATT should include the following thought, "I want to Live".

You've got that right! I don't know if he still does it, but Barabus used to carry a photo of Jean and Cygnus in the map pocket of his 'Stich. If tempted to do anything squidly, he could look at the photo and remember why he needed to come home safely.

Aerostich Roadcrafter 2-piece

Arai helmets (2)

tall Combat boots from Aerostich (by Sidi )

Various gloves depending on the weather

In Hot Weather over the mid-90's:

2-piece Cortech Mesh suit, zips together

Same helmet(s) etc.

Guess I'm kind of a Most of The Gear, All The Time type.

At lest:

good helmet

Leather or Mesh Jacket

good boots

Jeans

If I'm going to push MY limits, I'll wear leather pants.

My gear setup is:
HJC CL-14 helmet (formerly with lady silhouette, now with reflective tape over her... :rolleyes: )
I suspect there's a story behind this? :) Do you still have your man-card or did you lose that too?
I bought the helmet on clearance, and my wife told me I could only get it if we put a sticker or reflective tape over it. That was almost 2 years ago now, and finally, last week, I swung by a dealership to get a tank protector, and they had a big pile of reflective stickers for give away (MSF or someone is doing a safety campaign, I guess). The wife cut one up and stuck it to my helmet (hard to get a sticker to not wrinkle on a curved helmet!), so now I'm more visible.

Eh, it's not too bad. The chick on the helmet actually looked pretty weird.