What's on YOUR list?  

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly gonna break down and get an Aerostitch. I'm thinking black with hi-viz ballistics.

-r

Another stable-mate for the Feejer. 06 GL1800 in Black. :cownoy:
Gun, dude, do not - I repeat - do not get a black Wing. Trust me. It looks ca-ca PDQ. The black swirls and it is a royal PIA to keep clean. Even after you wash it the water drips from the nooks and crannies make for a messy bike. Course, if you like a messy bike, have at it! ;)

GPS...GPS...GPS...GPS...GPS...GPS...GPS...GPS...
Whattsamattuguys...can't you read maps?  :D

Or just too stubborn to ask for directions?
Ever try reading a map at night, in the dark? I got a StreetPilot III and a ram mount, but it's big. I just need a see-through water-proof mount for my IPAQ--the BlueTooth GPS from Garmin is AWESOME! I just stick it in the map pocket and it's protected, can't fall off and works fine. It's supposed to be waterproof. Meanwhile the IPAQ has a B/T connection to my helmet for the cell phone, and can play Windows Media through it at the same time (but not stereo).

So what I want is:

RadMan's alternator (to be invented)

RAM mount for my IPAQ

STEREO B/T helmet headset (to be invented)

and

TIME!!!! (to install all the crap I have that I STILL have sitting in the garage.)

Otherwise, I'm done!

Last edited by a moderator:
autocom pro-7 sport duo.
1/2 off while supplies last.  $270 with shipping.

https://www.autocomamerica.com/docs/home.cfm
Dang it! :angry:

That got me. New Autocom Active 7 Smart Duo on the way now.

And the Wilbers when it gets rolling.

Long list of wanna's but the above will just about do my budget in for a while.

Course the tires will wear out next month and I will become even MORE paranoid about the need for sliders. Good (bad) thing there is plenty of room on the CC's.

Help me, I've got expensive hobbys and limited income. :blink:

Dang FJR has me doing the fiscal responcibility drift. Kinda like congress.

Thats it its Bush's fault :rolleyes:

Whoo Hoo Now I'm a solo pilot.
Return it and call kieth on fjrowners, free shipping as well as 15% off any other goodies he sells. Plus you get all the free advice you can ask for and not be buying communications accessories that don't work. Very easy and knowledgeable guy to work with and you send payment once the goods arrive. What more can you ask for.
Has Keith got this at the half off price?
Sure does. ;)

918-446-2245
Just an update for Skyway and whoever might be looking on.

Keith doesn't do credit cards so my order is coming from autocom after all. However, after talking to Keith ALL the accessories that I can afford will come from him. About to get a third headset from him. Heck-of-a-nice guy and seems to really know the product. Offered advice and assistance knowing that I was buying elsewhere.

If you are looking at autocom, call Keith. Word

Holeshot header, Corbin heated seat and Smuggler. If the fat guy gets that down the ole chimney there is a Chulupa in it for him.

What, NO Drivers Log software to keep track of all your new presents :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Best regards,

Shane

Farkles already installed on my 05ABS include the following:

Cee Baileys 4+2 windshield,

handlebar risers

Cox racing radiator guard

Wilbers 643QS rear shock

J&M CB/intercomm

BEL946 radar detector

Garmin StreetPilot III GPS

RoadyII XM receiver

Mixit

Throttlelock

Yamaha Performance Touring tank bag

Farkles I will be installing this weekend:

Magnum Blaster horns with FJRandy wiring harness

Dual Powerlet outlets

Farkles I'm hoping to get from Santa:

Gerbing heated jacket liner and G3 gloves

So, have I missed anything vital?!

Well, since everbody has me thinking Farkle this and Farkle that, I am afraid of what my Flipping Farkle bill might be. My question...once you put on those GPS and Sat systems: what keeps people from stealing them when your out and about? Where I live at I can see some kid walk by and snap them off with a prybar while I am sitting in a diner.

I have seen pictures on some of your guys bikes (looks like a Circuit City Store) and I am real leary about hanging a couple of Gs in electronics out in the open. I would love to have a full aray...just thinking it would be a pain to unplug and dismount multiple items every time I have to walk away for a minute. What about it, anybody have those Christmas goodies ripped off their FJR?

214756_1.jpg

:D

Well, since everbody has me thinking Farkle this and Farkle that, I am afraid of what my Flipping Farkle bill might be. My question...once you put on those GPS and Sat systems: what keeps people from stealing them when your out and about? Where I live at I can see some kid walk by and snap them off with a prybar while I am sitting in a diner. I have seen pictures on some of your guys bikes (looks like a Circuit City Store) and I am real leary about hanging a couple of Gs in electronics out in the open. I would love to have a full aray...just thinking it would be a pain to unplug and dismount multiple items every time I have to walk away for a minute. What about it, anybody have those Christmas goodies ripped off their FJR?
This is how I have attacked the problem.

cockpit.jpg

If he is dedicated and brings the right tools he might be able to get it, but not likely. Here is the mounting details.

gps_mount.jpg

Well, since I got the Sargent seat, Starcom1, and my XM Roady2, I guess all I need to add is a GPS. I think Santa is gonna bring me a Garmin 2610. I really can't see adding much more, this is such a great bike it don't need much except the personal farkles.

Well, since everbody has me thinking Farkle this and Farkle that, I am afraid of what my Flipping Farkle bill might be. My question...once you put on those GPS and Sat systems: what keeps people from stealing them when your out and about? Where I live at I can see some kid walk by and snap them off with a prybar while I am sitting in a diner. I have seen pictures on some of your guys bikes (looks like a Circuit City Store) and I am real leary about hanging a couple of Gs in electronics out in the open. I would love to have a full aray...just thinking it would be a pain to unplug and dismount multiple items every time I have to walk away for a minute. What about it, anybody have those Christmas goodies ripped off their FJR?
This is the route I'm taking:

https://gpsnow.com/gmmap376c.htm

https://www.cycoactive.com/gps/tt276.html

https://www.techmounts.com/products/index.p...il&product_id=7

It's pricy but it's a sweet setup with XM Radio, waterproof unit, lockable mount with shock mounts.

I like the set-up ideas....thanks for the pics and links! But I still dont trust the little B*#%ards. I will have to research the past threads. I think I would feel more comfortable with setting up/creating a tech tank bag that I could unplug one or two harnesses and thow in the top box. At least it will give me something to do this winter while I wait.

Of course any farkle under the tree would be much appreciated :D

Yeah, I'm going the route I listed because of the ease of unlocking the mount and taking the gps with me. Not because I feel it's secure on the bike, I don't trust the bastards either. That's also the reason I like throwing on my full or half cover on to just keep prying eyes away from the bike to begin with.

Yea, I forgot about that. I was reading somewhere else here about covers. I originally thought I wanted a factory Yam. FJR cover but now I can see its the same as putting up a bilboard. Thanks for reminding me though...a plain half cover would make me feel more at ease. Out of sight out of mind.

Farkle Christmas Wish List item #56 and #57

Plain covers: full and half.