What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have managed a total of THREE rides this season. A bizarrely warm February 16 as well as two days in March (including St. Patrick's Day). Still, we have tons of remaining snow and it is unlikely to be done at this point. A couple cm today, changing to cold rain. This was just after a snow squall a couple of days ago.

Resized_20230330_133934.jpeg

Last edited:
Thursday we hit 90f. This morning, not so much. Getting a little nervous about a fly and ride that is coming up this week.IMG_20230414_152709_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230416_062617_HDR.jpg

Friday started out around 80 in Charlotte. 430 miles later it was 50's and raining hard. 110 miles of rain in a bike with minimal windshield and fairing put an end to that day. Saturday started out in 40s and stayed there with wind, rain, snow for 700 miles to home. To say it sucked would be an understatement.IMG_20230421_105449_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230421_191919_HDR.jpgIMG_20230422_184327_HDR.jpg

RH is fine this week, around 30%.
Cooling off at night - temps shown are generally at dawn. During the night it can be quite warm.
At least a bit of a relief in the early AM. If that RH was 80%, it would be unbearable!!
Where I live, temperatures do not often exceed low to mid 30's in the summer. Tonight's forecast is for -20°C. Not unusual for this time of year but this year has averaged warmer than normal.

Stay cool!

We hope to be in your neck of the woods early July.
We're visiting Canada and the US end of April, and then hopping on a cruise ship out of New York, which will stop at Halifax, Corner Brook and St Anthony, before heading to Greenland, Iceland, and the UK.

We hope to be in your neck of the woods early July.
We're visiting Canada and the US end of April, and then hopping on a cruise ship out of New York, which will stop at Halifax, Corner Brook and St Anthony, before heading to Greenland, Iceland, and the UK.
I hope you get to see some of Nova Scotia and western Newfoundland. Beautiful areas. Hope you have a great trip!

I found something to do in this balmy winter we're having here in Minnesota. I took the day off and I'm going riding! Not the FJR but the BMW. I should be able to get 200 to 300 miles in. I've heard it said that you either get busy living or get busy dying. Jevers