What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whole day of rain yesterday, many flash flood warnings. Today... snow.

C3271-AAD-05-AD-44-BA-903-F-AF16-AB9-ADFBB.jpg

It's -17 degrees C, but clear and sunny.Ā  Tonight expected to be -30c.

Good day for fantasizing about long distance trips, and actually drafting new trip maps (which I am doing right now) in preparation of getting my usual suspects on-board for group adventure in a few months...

So far snow all day. Had to use the snow blower just to get the trash can to the end of the driveway,

If it keeps up all night like the weather moron says it's really going to suck driving to Bend in the morning.

So far snow all day. Had to use the snow blower just to get the trash can to the end of the driveway,

If it keeps up all night like the weather moron says it's really going to suck driving to Bend in the morning.
I was right, it was a zoo on the hiway this AM. It snows here every year so you would think these clowns would remember how to drive. Supposed to snow all night again. I don't have to drive again till Wed.

I got the full Monty with 7 - 9ā€ of heavy wet snow. Power and internet out, had to get the generator plugged in and running...living on LTE for the time being. Hard freeze predicted tonight which means roads will be an ice rink tomorrow morning. Ugh!!

~G

I got the full Monty with 7 - 9ā€ of heavy wet snow. Power and internet out, had to get the generator plugged in and running...living on LTE for the time being. Hard freeze predicted tonight which means roads will be an ice rink tomorrow morning. Ugh!!

~G
I feel your pain.

15 degrees fahrenheitĀ  here in Lynden, WA - extremely icey - no snow to speak of - Very Strong winds -Ā ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PST TUESDAY... * WHAT...VERY COLD WIND CHILLS EXPECTED. WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 5 ABOVE ZERO AND 10 BELOW ZERO.Ā Ā  Weeee!Ā 

Keep going!

15 degrees fahrenheitĀ  here in Lynden, WA - extremely icey - no snow to speak of - Very Strong winds -Ā ...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PST TUESDAY... * WHAT...VERY COLD WIND CHILLS EXPECTED. WIND CHILLS BETWEEN 5 ABOVE ZERO AND 10 BELOW ZERO.Ā Ā  Weeee!Ā 

Keep going!
Sounds like a bit of wind coming down the Fraser River Valley, that can be a mean one!

About 5-6ā€last night. But I was prepared this time. They donā€™t plow the 1/4 mile of road to my house and they certainly donā€™t plow my 900ā€™ driveway. Last year, my boy and I spent 5 hours digging the driveway out (we had much more snow last year) and I spent another two hours that week at the chiropractor recovering.Ā 
Ā 

This year I fired up the Kubota with a heavy duty rear blade, and in less than 2 hours, I Not only had my driveway, but about 1/2 mile of roads around our neighborhood nicely plowed - I even did my neighbors driveways. I was joined by another neighbor and we were like kids on TonkaĀ Ā toys.

Snowed all night again. Will start with the shovel,switch to the 24'' blower and finish with the 6' blower on the tractor. Glad my neighbor bought a plow truck so I don't have to worry about the main road.

-9F here this morning, no wind, real feel -4F.Ā Ā 

We always have a few days below ), hope this is one of only a few in 2020.

-17 in Tropical Montana this am, real feel is F-ing Cold!. Ā Only a few days of real cold stuff. Ā Starts warming up and should see 40 next week.