wheatonFJR's Inaugural Appalacian FJR Camping Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Bob...and very generous to do it gratis. If you're willin' to make em, I'm willin' to wear it. How about we keep it informal though...screen name and first name...if people give it?

Don't be offended though Bob if some people don't like to wear nametags. But the way I see it, if someone is going to the trouble to make a nametag for me, I'm gonna wear it. Plus...it's a great way to help you remember the names of your future FJR friends.

The tricky part is that you'll have to get their first names somehow. How bout this...

For those that want to give their first name to Intech...send that to Intech via PM so we don't have those responses occur in this already long thread. if you don't want to send your first name to Intech, that's fine. Your nametag will just have your screen name on it.

Then Intech can make the nametags at his leisure.

The name tags would help me. I can't remember a name to save my life, and I'm 39. Gonna really suck when/if I get to retirement. :eek:

At least I remember my own name. (most of the time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Bob...and very generous to do it gratis. If you're willin' to make em, I'm willin' to wear it. How about we keep it informal though...screen name and first name...if people give it?Don't be offended though Bob if some people don't like to wear nametags. But the way I see it, if someone is going to the trouble to make a nametag for me, I'm gonna wear it. Plus...it's a great way to help you remember the names of your future FJR friends.

The tricky part is that you'll have to get their first names somehow. How bout this...

For those that want to give their first name to Intech...send that to Intech via PM so we don't have those responses occur in this already long thread. if you don't want to send your first name to Intech, that's fine. Your nametag will just have your screen name on it.

Then Intech can make the nametags at his leisure.
I can take it one step futher. If everyone PM's me what they want on the tag that is what I will do. Otherwise I will just make them out with the forum handles. Then if they want anything else that's when the sharpie can be used!

Is it May yet????

The name tags would help me. I can't remember a name to save my life, and I'm 39. Gonna really suck when/if I get to retirement. when I get to be as old as most of you bastages.
Don't worry about offending, mtnhigh.

...It's not like they'll remember. :lol:
Hey OM...gonna join the fun? Fly into Asheville and rent a bike. :clapping:

...or do you just do your sniping from afar? :rolleyes:

(like I do)

:D

Hey Guys.............Mike here from up n MD. Newbie to the FJR here......Just getting my new ride in a week or so.

Already MtnHigh aka Chris (ha, I remember one name) has me salivating for the May gig n NC. You can count me in!

Who's bringing the beer? hahaha :yahoo:

Hey Guys.............Mike here from up n MD. Newbie to the FJR here......Just getting my new ride in a week or so.
Already MtnHigh aka Chris (ha, I remember one name) has me salivating for the May gig n NC. You can count me in!

Who's bringing the beer? hahaha :yahoo:
Good to have you...putting another one on the list.

Regarding your beer question...possible answers given to your exam question...

A. Beer? What's beer?

B. This is a dry county...no beer allowed here!

C. You are buddy...jes fer askin!

D. Not you...you seem like an over-imbiber...please stay at home!

(Hint: Always pick C.)

Now if you have answered the exam question correctly, you may pass "GO" and attend down at this here Inaugural shindig. :D

....oh yeah, be sure to bring yer tent. :clapping:

From the other board, the question of how many cabins there are at BRMC came up...this post may be of interest to those interested in renting a cabin from BRMC.

Well Fubar reminded me that the Camp website says there are 18 total cabins...8 of which have two single beds...good for roomsplitting. So if the majority are tenting...there should be plenty of these cabins for people to share. Remember these are "basic" cabins...basically bunks with a roof...check the website for more info.
I would suggest that those looking to roomsplit cabins...open another thread for people to talk about and arrange roomsplitting. People should get their act together...so when March 1st rolls around to call in their reservations...they are all set.

I'm in, camped there a few times.

(I know the way to the ABC store)

What about this Intech problem? Have you seen him drink?

I'm wearing my Bob T-shirt.

Very interested. Depends on whether I attend a BMW rally in north Ga. 2 wks before. Will camp if I attend.

Thanks JR

Marcus, I will most probably be there. I am leaving a week or so after that for Alaska and seeing as to how this is right on the way it would not be inconvenient to stop by. It would also be a good shake down for the camping aspects of the trip.

It will be good to see Rob again. Hopefuly he brings more Canadian humor with him like he did last summer on our trip to James Bay with Moosehead and CanadianFJR.

Chester

Marcus, I will most probably be there. I am leaving a week or so after that for Alaska and seeing as to how this is right on the way it would not be inconvenient to stop by. It would also be a good shake down for the camping aspects of the trip.
It will be good to see Rob again. Hopefuly he brings more Canadian humor with him like he did last summer on our trip to James Bay with Moosehead and CanadianFJR.

Chester
Hope to see you there Chester! :clapping: When you know for sure....let me know. :clapping:

I am hoping to attend. Have to wait on selection list for the Senior NCO Academy. If selected I would have to be in AL on the 16th.
Well as much as I would like to meet you, I will be hoping for your sake that you get selected to the Senior NCO Academy. If not, this will have to be a little consolation camp and ride. B)

I do have a potential work conflict; won't know for sure until it's closer, but still hope to go. Sounds like fun...

The site for the first Appalacian FJR camping meet will be held at the..................
googlemapCruso-NClargescale.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground[/SIZE]

Cruso, NC

Check out their website :clapping:

WEBSITE LINKY

My apologies to the SFO crowd*, the meet will be on Thursday, May 13 thru Saturday, May 15, 2010 with Sunday as a "get home" day.

THURSDAY - travel day...arrive in the afternoon or evening. CAMPFIRE

FRIDAY - ride all day........................................................ CAMPFIRE

SATURDAY - ride all day................................................... CAMPFIRE

SUNDAY - get home day. (700 miles for me)

This is a no frills meet...as any camping meet should be. Just bring your bike, your camping gear...and be ready to ride on some great local roads! :yahoo:

googlemapCruso-NCsmallscale.jpg

-As a nod to those that don't like to tent camp, for this meet anyways, I have scheduled at a place with basic cabins. There are 8 basic cabins with twin beds, and other basic cabins with queen beds. You will have to reserve those through the Campground if you want to assure that you have a bed to sleep on.

-Tent campers will have plenty of space, according to Phil...the owner, so no need to reserve if you are tenting it.

-Also, for this meet anyways, I have scheduled it at a motorcycle campground that caters to motorcyclists.

-Those that have cooking gear can bring that to fix their food - if you bring your own burner - as there won't be individual fire pits in this group camping setting. --For those like myself that don't typically cook when camping, the Camp fixes food that you can buy for breakfast and dinner...check out the website.

Like I said, this is a no frills meet. Plan to have fun...but don't plan on any sort of fancy itinerary. After having fun all day riding to wherever you want to go, you can kick back at camp and have a beer or whatever beverage you prefer (alcohol is allowed as long -as people behave). Dinner will be whatever you fix, or whatever you buy from the camp...check their website.

PLAN TO HAVE FUN!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I've been on the FJR forums for six years and have had great times at the various FJR gatherings I've attended. I expect no different at this meet.

My expectations are that all FJR attendees respect the camp and the other mcy campers that will be there that weekend. Just so you know the camp expectations, here is a list of basic camp rules (from the camp's website) to guide your understanding.

CAMPGROUND RULES

-All visitors and guests must register at the office. All fees are to be paid in advance. Please register for only the amount of time you are sure that you will stay. --There are no refunds.

-Quiet time between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.

-Cars, trucks, MC trailers, and other 4-wheel vehicles are not allowed to cross the bridge into the campground. All such vehicles must park in designated parking lot.

-RVs or large trailers and campers pulled by 4-wheel vehicles are not allowed.

-A central campfire is provided each evening. Individual fires are not allowed because of the risk to the Pisgah National Forest.

-No Pets are allowed in the campground.

-Children under seven years old are to be supervised by an adult at all times.

-No Firearms or fireworks allowed.

-Coin-operated laundry machines are located at the bath house. Clotheslines are prohibited. Change is usually provided at the office/store.

-Public scenes of drunkeness and profanity are no tolerated.

-The management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injury or losses from any cause.

If these rules seem somehow harsh to you, or you cannot "handle yer liquor", please DO NOT ATTEND. I will have a personal problem with anyone that does not give full respect to the camp or other campers. I do not want this to be the last camping meet I set up. 'Nuff said. :clapping:

*[SIZE=8pt]Apologies to the SFO crowd and others who can't attend: I initially thought I would place this meet midweek between CFO and CFR, but was reminded that not everyone can take a weeks' vacation for a camping meet. I then was intending on putting this meet on May 22nd, but was told that a LARGE Honda V4 gathering would be occuring on that weekend. My son David is graduating on June 5th, I have other commitments in June, and Memorial Day weekend is the last weekend in May, therefore I decided to place the meet on this particular weekend. My apologies to the SFO organizers and to those that cannot attend.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now...if yer still with me..[/SIZE].

Anyone that KNOWS that they will attend (barring unforeseen circumstances), please let me know and I will add you to the attendees list. This list will be sent to the campground, so they know how many to prepare for.

ATTENDEES

wheatonFJR

fljab

mtnhigh

fjrob1300

road runner

Bungie

Bungie's Kawi 1700 buddy

Geezer

Geezer's buddy (FJR)

TheAxeman

drc32-0

Big-B

Smitty141

huron52

Duck Soup

DCSportRyder

Powerman

ZEUS

Intech 2up

Intech's bro (R1200)

WellsJ

donaldb

motorcycle-ed

griff

eFnJustRide 2up

MrTwisty 2up

Cpt.Spaulding

Fubar 2up

HotRodZilla

cougar8000

0Face

SLK50 and son

B-streak 2up

total - between the 2 boards = 40 to 45 so far

BugR ??

JDFlys ??

[SIZE=12pt]Last word-[/SIZE]

Lastly, please note that the intention is to rotate this camping meet among various campgrounds in the Appalacians. There were many strong candidates that people suggested and that I looked into from up in WV to VA and others. I intend to rotate between various places that have various services, so if you don't like the sound of this camping party, maybe the next one will interest you. Thanks to all those that submitted campgrounds for consideration, and for those "behind the scenes" that I bounced ideas off of, or gave me great advice...some of which I followed. Thanks to motorcycle-ed for his great suggestion of the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. I have had various phone conversations with the owners - Phil and his wife. They seem like real nice people, Phil rides an R1 and has been patient with all my questions.

[SIZE=12pt]Y'all come!!! [/SIZE] :clapping: :clapping: ...ohhh, and bring yer tent. :)

The site for the first Appalacian FJR camping meet will be held at the..................
googlemapCruso-NClargescale.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground[/SIZE]

Cruso, NC

Check out their website :clapping:

WEBSITE LINKY

My apologies to the SFO crowd*, the meet will be on Thursday, May 13 thru Saturday, May 15, 2010 with Sunday as a "get home" day.

THURSDAY - travel day...arrive in the afternoon or evening. CAMPFIRE

FRIDAY - ride all day........................................................ CAMPFIRE

SATURDAY - ride all day................................................... CAMPFIRE

SUNDAY - get home day. (700 miles for me)

This is a no frills meet...as any camping meet should be. Just bring your bike, your camping gear...and be ready to ride on some great local roads! :yahoo:

googlemapCruso-NCsmallscale.jpg

-As a nod to those that don't like to tent camp, for this meet anyways, I have scheduled at a place with basic cabins. There are 8 basic cabins with twin beds, and other basic cabins with queen beds. You will have to reserve those through the Campground if you want to assure that you have a bed to sleep on.

-Tent campers will have plenty of space, according to Phil...the owner, so no need to reserve if you are tenting it.

-Also, for this meet anyways, I have scheduled it at a motorcycle campground that caters to motorcyclists.

-Those that have cooking gear can bring that to fix their food - if you bring your own burner - as there won't be individual fire pits in this group camping setting. --For those like myself that don't typically cook when camping, the Camp fixes food that you can buy for breakfast and dinner...check out the website.

Like I said, this is a no frills meet. Plan to have fun...but don't plan on any sort of fancy itinerary. After having fun all day riding to wherever you want to go, you can kick back at camp and have a beer or whatever beverage you prefer (alcohol is allowed as long -as people behave). Dinner will be whatever you fix, or whatever you buy from the camp...check their website.

PLAN TO HAVE FUN!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I've been on the FJR forums for six years and have had great times at the various FJR gatherings I've attended. I expect no different at this meet.

My expectations are that all FJR attendees respect the camp and the other mcy campers that will be there that weekend. Just so you know the camp expectations, here is a list of basic camp rules (from the camp's website) to guide your understanding.

CAMPGROUND RULES

-All visitors and guests must register at the office. All fees are to be paid in advance. Please register for only the amount of time you are sure that you will stay. --There are no refunds.

-Quiet time between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.

-Cars, trucks, MC trailers, and other 4-wheel vehicles are not allowed to cross the bridge into the campground. All such vehicles must park in designated parking lot.

-RVs or large trailers and campers pulled by 4-wheel vehicles are not allowed.

-A central campfire is provided each evening. Individual fires are not allowed because of the risk to the Pisgah National Forest.

-No Pets are allowed in the campground.

-Children under seven years old are to be supervised by an adult at all times.

-No Firearms or fireworks allowed.

-Coin-operated laundry machines are located at the bath house. Clotheslines are prohibited. Change is usually provided at the office/store.

-Public scenes of drunkeness and profanity are no tolerated.

-The management assumes no responsibility for accidents, injury or losses from any cause.

If these rules seem somehow harsh to you, or you cannot "handle yer liquor", please DO NOT ATTEND. I will have a personal problem with anyone that does not give full respect to the camp or other campers. I do not want this to be the last camping meet I set up. 'Nuff said. :clapping:

*[SIZE=8pt]Apologies to the SFO crowd and others who can't attend: I initially thought I would place this meet midweek between CFO and CFR, but was reminded that not everyone can take a weeks' vacation for a camping meet. I then was intending on putting this meet on May 22nd, but was told that a LARGE Honda V4 gathering would be occuring on that weekend. My son David is graduating on June 5th, I have other commitments in June, and Memorial Day weekend is the last weekend in May, therefore I decided to place the meet on this particular weekend. My apologies to the SFO organizers and to those that cannot attend.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Now...if yer still with me..[/SIZE].

Anyone that KNOWS that they will attend (barring unforeseen circumstances), please let me know and I will add you to the attendees list. This list will be sent to the campground, so they know how many to prepare for.

ATTENDEES

wheatonFJR

fljab

mtnhigh

fjrob1300

road runner

Bungie

Bungie's Kawi 1700 buddy

Geezer

Geezer's buddy (FJR)

TheAxeman

drc32-0

Big-B

Smitty141

huron52

Duck Soup

DCSportRyder

Powerman

ZEUS

Intech 2up

Intech's bro (R1200)

WellsJ

donaldb

motorcycle-ed

griff

eFnJustRide 2up

MrTwisty 2up

Cpt.Spaulding

Fubar 2up

HotRodZilla

cougar8000

0Face

SLK50 and son

B-streak 2up

total - between the 2 boards = 40 to 45 so far

BugR ??

JDFlys ??

[SIZE=12pt]Last word-[/SIZE]

Lastly, please note that the intention is to rotate this camping meet among various campgrounds in the Appalacians. There were many strong candidates that people suggested and that I looked into from up in WV to VA and others. I intend to rotate between various places that have various services, so if you don't like the sound of this camping party, maybe the next one will interest you. Thanks to all those that submitted campgrounds for consideration, and for those "behind the scenes" that I bounced ideas off of, or gave me great advice...some of which I followed. Thanks to motorcycle-ed for his great suggestion of the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. I have had various phone conversations with the owners - Phil and his wife. They seem like real nice people, Phil rides an R1 and has been patient with all my questions.

[SIZE=12pt]Y'all come!!! [/SIZE] :clapping: :clapping: ...ohhh, and bring yer tent. :)

Count me in. Work may override but for now, its good. ,

R